Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

nijineko's world

i want to pick (insert exotic and rare choice from obscure sourcebook here)...

Rate this Entry
if you pick something rare, exotic, strange, unusual, specific to a region, organization, individual, or time, and especially at odds with the rest of your choices and background, there will be a "payment" for said choice.

said "payment" is that you will be required to write a more extensive background than normal detailing some of the who, what, where, how, and why it came to pass that you were there, then, and somehow managed to get access to said pick.

those who do not wish to, or feel untalented in that regard are welcome to brainstorm with me until we come up with interesting things, or to pick something else. Gifting me something off of my "Bribe the DM" list is acceptable, even encouraged.

two or three sentences to the effect of having your family/relatives/people/clan/tribe/whatever/etc murdered/killed/etc by something/someone/etc, and you raised by animals/monsters/gods/etc and just happened to somehow find/inherited/stumbled upon/have granted/take a little side trip/etc said pick are not acceptable.

on the other hand, a page or so to the above effect, especially if you mix it up with some new and interesting and unexpected twists, are welcome.

a final note, i am overall a bright and cheerful guy, not really given to detailed anatomical gore, unremittingly excessive unavoidable tragedies, nor tales of involved personal pathos the size of the wheel of time series. just something to keep in mind.

Submit "i want to pick (insert exotic and rare choice from obscure sourcebook here)..." to Digg Submit "i want to pick (insert exotic and rare choice from obscure sourcebook here)..." to del.icio.us Submit "i want to pick (insert exotic and rare choice from obscure sourcebook here)..." to StumbleUpon Submit "i want to pick (insert exotic and rare choice from obscure sourcebook here)..." to Google

Updated 07-22-2011 at 01:19 AM by nijineko

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
General Campaign Rules

Comments