Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Q-man

Hello World!

Rate this Entry
I have a blog here too? Here I thought this place was just a forum with player searches built in.

Anyway, may as well say something about myself since I'm here.

I've been playing tabletop games for a while. Back in High school and college I DMed and played D&D 2nd Edition a lot. After college when real life gave me a kick in the pants and the play time dwindled. The group moved to various places for jobs and we never really could find more players to fill in.

Now that I'm all grown up with a wife and a house I have some free time back and have been getting back into the games again. I've played a bit of Shadowrun and D&D 3/3.5 over OpenRPG. I had been trying to get to hobby shops to look for an in person group, but then I was foolishly walking to work and got hit by a car. So that search has slowed while I wait for the broken leg to heal. Fortunately I still can play on OpenRPG, so I'm not totally cut off.

I'm pretty interested in the D&D 4th rules and would love to get some more experience with them. I wouldn't mind getting back into the DM role again, but kinda nervous till I learn the rules a bit better.

Anyway, I'll stop prattling now. Nice to meet you all.

Submit "Hello World!" to Digg Submit "Hello World!" to del.icio.us Submit "Hello World!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hello World!" to Google

Updated 06-07-2009 at 01:29 PM by Q-man

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Nonsense

Comments

Hi Q-man, I had about the same story. I ended up having to DM or I probably wasn't going to play. This is the only board I've had time to visit but everyone has been most helpful. I've asked DM questions of Farcaster, Kirksmithicus and from various people on the chat board with very quick results. I say jump in and DM. The adventure I'm running (see my blog) uses the 4E starter set and 4E for Dummies. 4E for Dummies is very helpful. DM 4E for Dummies is okay but I didn't get as much out of it as the general 4E for Dummies. Good luck and enjoy the site. Happy gaming.
    I hadn't heard about those for Dummies versions of the books, I may have to take a look.

I've actually managed to get into an online game so I'll get some experience with the rules soon! I really would like to get back to DMing though, maybe after a bit I will start a game up.