Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Tamerath

Watching the Clock

Rate this Entry
I'm counting down the minutes till I leave for our next game session. I don't know about you other players out there in Pen and Paper Games land...but before a game I get psyched! I don't care if I'm dming or playing...it's what I look forward to for two solid weeks. Watching the Clock tick tock it's way till my departure just makes me all the more anxious to go and see what everyone is going to do tonight...what jokes will be made? Who's going to roll well (or horribly)?, Who will die...and who will do something fantastically heroic and unexpected?......and a personal high for me is how the pc's will handle the encounters I've planned and what the tactics will be that they used. So my question to my readers out there....How do you spend the time before a game night? What do you look forward to?

Submit "Watching the Clock" to Digg Submit "Watching the Clock" to del.icio.us Submit "Watching the Clock" to StumbleUpon Submit "Watching the Clock" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Same as you, Tamerath. Dealing with the anticipation for the gaming event. Wish i was down there this weekend for i would love to join in. Ah well, say hello to Jermaine for me.

Thoth
    If I'm the GM i usually review my notes and maps and whatnot for a while, read up on mechanics I'm still shaky on.
    If I'm a player I usually just try to clear my mind. I like to play really crunchy games like 4E or Aces and Eights so having other things on your mind can lead to being distracted and missing all of your bonuses and penalties and slowing the game down for everyone.

As for what I look forward to, I look forward to doing new stuff, seeing new things in game, and seeing how the group comes out on top (or doesn't.)
    I will send your greetings to the group Thoth buddy I'll post about it later so you aren't going to miss a thing.

To Korhal23: does it count if you stack dice (runes..lol) to clear your mind?

TIMESTAMP: 20 more minutes till gametime! *gathers stuff and heads out the door* Good Gaming to all you Weekend Players and DM's!
    Lol sure. Whatever floats your boat.

Personally, I play guitar usually.
    To this day I still get chlls when prepping for a game. Good luck to the players. I am sure they will need it!

Windstar
    My group's still pretty new so I just pray they'll all show-up! I'm still in the mode where I pretty much look at game stuff every evening. I'll let you know after a few more sessions.
    I'm the kind of person that hates waiting on people. We play at my place so while I'm waiting on my first player to arrive I generally do something to get my mind off the game (ie play a video game, play around on the computer - like I'm doing now). That is unless I'm not as prepared as I'd like to be. If that's the case I'm scrambling to get prepared and setting my books and notes nearby in case I have to wing it!
    Updated 06-10-2009 at 03:53 PM by Arkhemedes