Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

GoddessGood: The Ramblings

You CAN go home again

Rate this Entry
I visited my hometown last weekend to see my sister graduate with a bachelor's and master's degree (simultaneously!) and see my mom for mother's day. It struck me how I still know where everything is, I know what's changed and what's the same, and I fell right back into the local culture. Also, geez is it hot down there

I spent a little while frequenting old haunts. The barnes and noble where I met the GM of a group I was with years ago, the pagan shop where I got my tools of the trade during my teenage rebellion stint as a hippie-dippie Wiccan, the Uni I graduated from, the convention center where I gave my commencement speech, and my favorite Whataburger. I didn't have time to see it all, but I did enjoy sharing it with my boyfriend who consented to share two ten hour drives with me and meet my family on their home turf . On the way back to Dallas, he asked me if I still thought of McAllen as home. After pondering a bit, I think I still do think of it as home, or at least as my homeland.

Submit "You CAN go home again" to Digg Submit "You CAN go home again" to del.icio.us Submit "You CAN go home again" to StumbleUpon Submit "You CAN go home again" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
General

Comments