Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

GoddessGood: The Ramblings

Dolling, Episode III

Rate this Entry
So, I'm at it again. This time, more NPCs have gotten the dolling treatment. First is Senmai, a young girl with eastern roots. She is a close companion to Nine Willows in Autumn. I had the most fun on her coat this time, picking the different color schemes and trying to preserve the feeling that you're actually looking at silk. I love how it worked out to look like she's playing with her hair. Sort of gives her that youthful touch.

The second fellow is Howls Justice, another Lunar NPC. I couldn't get over how big his head looked compared to his torso. This is partly to do with the fact that I squared his jaw out and his torso is leaning and at an angle. I ended up moving his hairline further and further down until he had almost no forehead . I'm still not 100% happy with it, but This is about as much time as I'm willing to put into it.

Additionally, I made my first attempts to add a castemark. The key is to make the mark itself a bright white and darken the light as it comes off of it to make it look like its actually the source of that light. Heavy use of the smudge tool and airbrushing gives this effect. I may come back in and add the moonsilver tattoos later if I have the courage
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Senmai.png 
Views:	183 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	2398   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	justice.PNG 
Views:	171 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	2399   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	justicecm.PNG 
Views:	188 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	2400  

Submit "Dolling, Episode III" to Digg Submit "Dolling, Episode III" to del.icio.us Submit "Dolling, Episode III" to StumbleUpon Submit "Dolling, Episode III" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
General

Comments