Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Tamerath

Player's Handbook 3 Playtests, my thoughts

Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
I'm not exactly sure how many of us here on Pen & Paper Games are Dungeons & Dragons Insider members, but I am, so I thought I'd share my thoughts on the Player's Handbook 3 Playtest articles they released. Keep in mind that these things might be changed before release...but here it goes

Hybrid Classes
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drfe/20090406

The Wilden
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drfe/20090420

So my thoughts: I'm sure the Player's Handbook 3 will have more races and classes...and the Player's Handbook 2 was really top notch in my opinion....but looking at the Hybrid stuff as a different way to multiclass....I don't know...I'm not sold on it. As for the Wilden...I think it's great that you see a race from the Feywild...but I definately cant get a good idea on what they look like due to the subpar artwork they gave them....it looks more like something from the Shadowfell. What are your thoughts?

Submit "Player's Handbook 3 Playtests, my thoughts" to Digg Submit "Player's Handbook 3 Playtests, my thoughts" to del.icio.us Submit "Player's Handbook 3 Playtests, my thoughts" to StumbleUpon Submit "Player's Handbook 3 Playtests, my thoughts" to Google

Comments

I don't much care for the current multi-class system in 4e. Even though I have made fun of the new approach, I hope they work it out and come up with something better than what they have now.

As for the artwork, some is decent and some is really, really bad. I just hope they don't let the guys who did the artwork on pages 49, 52, 54, 72, 94 and 95 of the MP anywhere near the PHB3.
    I love the idea of the new hybrid class system. Maybe I'm just a multi-classing freak, but I can't remember the last character I played who wasn't a multi-class character... even in 4E, and I'm not particularly fond of the 4E multi-classing. The hybrid rules are cool with me.

As for the wilden, I'm pretty indifferent at this point. I love seeing new character options, so I like seeing new classes and races, but this one just doesn't excite me.