Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

GoddessGood: The Ramblings

Oops, I did it again (Re: Gaming to Excess)

Rate this Entry
The shameless title for this blog entry is suitable for the shameless behavior I've shown. In my previous entry, Gaming to Excess, I talked about all the Exalted books that have been released and how much of a collector I've become. Last weekend, two of my players brought one of the new releases to the table and were gushing over it. It left me looking at my shelf (yes, I have an entire shelf) of Exalted books and wondering just how many I didn't have. True to my mild OCD and list-making tendencies, I soon found out I was missing exactly 5.

Just five, I thought. That's not so bad, right? One of them I don't even really want, and another I despised the concept of anyway ... but I'm only five books away from a complete collection. What to do? So I looked on Amazon.com to see how many arms and legs it would cost me to update my collection. $115, it said. $115 for 5 game books, one of which is actually a boxed set. Not bad at all. So what did I do?

I bought them of course. I rationalized. My tax refund check should be coming in soon and I had cash to burn. Besides, I'd been so good at keeping my budget so far (except when it comes to spoiling my cats) ... I deserved a treat, right? Ugh, endless justifications and none of them with much merit.

Hello, my name is Andrea, and I'm an addict.

P.S. The list in Gaming to Excess has now been updated to adequately reflect my addiction.

Submit "Oops, I did it again (Re: Gaming to Excess)" to Digg Submit "Oops, I did it again (Re: Gaming to Excess)" to del.icio.us Submit "Oops, I did it again (Re: Gaming to Excess)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Oops, I did it again (Re: Gaming to Excess)" to Google

Updated 04-23-2009 at 09:06 AM by GoddessGood

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
General

Comments

I know the feeling.
    I used to spend a whole paycheck on D&D minis...lol
    I, at one time, went crazy collecting 3.5 material. I owned everything. Then when 4E came out, i lost interest in collecting anything other than the classic old edition material(most of which i already had). What did i do with all my books, and there were quite a bit of them? I gave them all to my best gaming buddy, Jermaine. He loves 3.5 and i knew he would respect the material.

Just an FYI: Tamerath, Jermaine, and i, are all gaming buddies. Id be gaming with them now if not for my moving to the Bay Area.

Am i still an addict? Yes! I own everything WFRP (both editions) has ever released, but i'd like to think that i am on the road to recovery. So, i feel your wallet's pain, GoddessGood.

Thoth-Amon
    I got them in yesterday. They were shiny It's hard to be angsty that I have them.
    I don't even dare start thinking about the books I'd need to complete my Star Wars D6 collection. 48 books is enough don't you think? I don't need any more than that, right? I mean, there's just 61 other books. Who really needs those anyway. Right? Right?
    At my worst, i was collecting all ADnD 1, Dragon, Dungeon Mag. and all current Runequest materials all at once... and yes, reading the Monster Manual on the throne and memorizing every damn monster in it! Ahhh my misspent days of youth... Don't feel bad, you're in illustrious company...