Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

GoddessGood: The Ramblings

Dolling

Rate this Entry
I've picked up another "craft" that I'd been playing with several years ago called dolling. Basically, you create a pixelized, animated image of a person and "paint" on clothes, accessories, etc. Girly, yes, but as someone lacking in artistic talents I find that dolling is a good way for me to illustrate my characters. For the most part I do adaptations and recolors of existing dolls that are of a style called Candy Bar (made in Korea). The best dollmakers I have found that provide this style are at www.thedollpalace.com and http://elouai.com/doll-makers.php

So, without further ado, I give you Ia Stormwarden and Rami Tariq. Ia is a character from the Savage Worlds campaign being run by Webhead (which you can read about here) and Rami is an NPC in the Exalted campaign I'm running.

Ia is a female, human skyship captain who fights with a bone spear. I tried to keep the colors muted and dull and used a lot of canvas-type colors (like sailcloth) because of the setting. Rami is a male Eclipse Caste Solar. At the moment he's working as a merchant so he is dressed in bright, rich colors and impractical clothing in silk and velvet. I got to play with skin tones on him, as most Candy Bar dolls only come in the caucasian skin tone.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IaStormwarden.PNG 
Views:	169 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	2383   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RamiTariq.PNG 
Views:	167 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	2384  

Submit "Dolling" to Digg Submit "Dolling" to del.icio.us Submit "Dolling" to StumbleUpon Submit "Dolling" to Google

Updated 03-12-2009 at 04:57 PM by GoddessGood

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments