Maybe running a game ...
by, 06-14-2012 at 09:18 AM (1439 Views)
The GM of my current group wants to take a break, so I've volunteered to run something. Of the five billion options I presented, these seem to be the most popular:
- Eldritch Skies, which I reviewed incompetently on RPG.net a couple of weeks ago.
- RuneQuest (Mongoose Legend, possibly upgrading to RQ6 when it comes out), setting either Elric of Melnibone or Pavis in Glorantha. (Although I've yet to read Age of Treason, and perversely I'm itching to try something Malkioni.)
- Tunnels & Trolls, mostly published adventures to start with, because after Warhammer Fantasy we need a game with people casting "Take That You Fiend!".
- Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2nd edition, maybe the "Crown of Kings" campaign, again to try a simpler system.
- Barbarians of Lemuria, or its Aftermath spinoff, is a maybe.
Stars Without Number or Swashbucklers of the 7 Skies would be cool, since I'm a little tired of bog-standard fantasy, but no real interest from the rest. I'd like to reserve my grand "old school" campaign -- LotFP:WFRP, standard Swords & Wizardry, or Crypts & Things -- for a different date and time, simply because once I start it I'd like to keep going for a while.
In any case, if and when I start something I'll be sure to blog it.