Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

The horror of Yukon

convert 3.x D&D to HERO: races of destiny

Rate this Entry
like with prestige classes, I didn't do ALL of the races. Some seemed lame. Others didn't seem worth it in the context of HERO.
To reflect bonuses from characters on abilities, each race will have different ability maxes.

STR CON DEX INT EGO PRE

So here are some very humany races:

humans - nothing except ability maxes are 20 EXCEPT one ability (chosen when created) if it is Dex, the max is 23 and one OTHER ability takes a -1 on its max. Otherwise one ability has a max of 25.

HALF-ELVES

Ability Maxes:
STR CON DEX INT EGO PRE
20 22 20 20 20 23

Low-light vision: nightvision (5 active pts)

Elven resistance: +5 EGO (5 active pts) only vs. mind-affecting spells (-1) real cost: 2 pts

Lightsleeper: 3 pts

Keen senses: +1 to all PER rolls (3 active pts)

Distinctive features (half-elf) (easily concealable) (5 pts complication)
Social complication: belongs to neither elven or human society (infrequently, minor reaction) (5 pt complication)

TOTAL cost: 13 pts
TOTAL complications: 10 pts

HALF-ORCS (CALIBAN)

Ability Maxes:
STR CON DEX INT EGO PRE
25 22 20 15 20 18

Swift Charge: +4 m movement (4 active pts) only when approaching an enemy or pass through/by attack (-1/2) real cost: 3 pts

Darkvision: infrared perception (5 active pts)

Striking appearance (ugly) +1 to intimidate/similar skills and +1d6 PRE attacks to instill fear or something similar: 3 pts

Distinctive features (tusks and low brow) (concealable with difficulty) (10 pts complication)

TOTAL cost: 11 pts
TOTAL complications: 10 pts

I have NEVER liked "half-orcs" I remember coming across a variant called "caliban" (like the creature in Shakespeare's The Tempest). He is exactly the same as half-orc, but it is more of a thematic thing. Calibans come from humans who experienced serious horror or were exposed to something bad while the mother was pregnant. The horror or the agent transforms the caliban to make them a bit more tough and strong, but physically warped.

I also included some 4e stuff to some of the races

KARSITE

Ability Maxes:
STR CON DEX INT EGO PRE
20 22 20 20 20 23

Damage Reduction: -1 physical DCs (5 active pts)

Spell healing: 5 pts of energy absorption to STUN, counts as ED (+1/2) (7 active pts) only restore to starting value (-1/2) real cost: 5 pts

Magic Draining attacks: 1d6 drain variable effect (magic items) (+1/4) (12 active pts) OAF (-1) link(-1/2) costs x3 END (-1/2) full phase (-1/2) real cost: 3 pts

TOTAL cost: 13 pts
TOTAL complications: 0 pts

next time: the remaining PH races.

Submit "convert 3.x D&D to HERO: races of destiny" to Digg Submit "convert 3.x D&D to HERO: races of destiny" to del.icio.us Submit "convert 3.x D&D to HERO: races of destiny" to StumbleUpon Submit "convert 3.x D&D to HERO: races of destiny" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments