Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Farcaster's Musings

The Gatekeeper Campaign Log

Rate this Entry
I kicked off a new campaign about a year and a half ago called "The Gatekeeper," and I have had the extremely good fortune of having a published WotC designer and author at the table with us, Mr. Erik Scott de Bie. Erik, I have come to find out, is a tenacious writer. In the first few weeks of our game, he actually sent me more post game followup than all my players combined have sent me in the following year.

So, I asked him if he'd focus that insatiable pen of his towards chronicling our sessions so that we'd have a place our players could go back and reference past games. Erik, of course, took this to the next level and made more of an adventure log that anyone could follow. Now, if you're interested in reading about our bi-weekly paragon tier, planar adventure, you can check it out on Obsidian Portal at http://www.obsidianportal.com/campai.../adventure-log. Maybe it'll give you an idea for your own game?

If you enjoy it, please drop a note and let us know, and be sure to become a "Fan," so that you will be automatically updated when new logs are available... By the way, he's written up all our sessions to date, but the published content so far is only up to the first 10 games. That is to say, there's a lot more to come.

Submit "The Gatekeeper Campaign Log" to Digg Submit "The Gatekeeper Campaign Log" to del.icio.us Submit "The Gatekeeper Campaign Log" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Gatekeeper Campaign Log" to Google

Comments