Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Otakar

How did they become heros?

Rate this Entry
I skipped 3E but as I play 4E I find that the characters are downright tough! I pit the 4E first level characters vs monsters as recommended in the DMG and modules and I cringe. In my 1E and 2E mindset these characters are going to get their [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Clocks Cleaned!

[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]When they play within their role (controller, defender, striker, leader) they manage to always come out on top. My new players really seem to enjoy this but I had one old-schooler who didn't. I don't like to kill characters but I do see a little of the development removed.

4E characters start out at the heroic level. What were they doing before that? I kind of liked the ambiguity of 1E to handle that and didn't mind the skills of 2E that enhanced it.

I guess what I' saying is that WOC could get a little more cash out of me if they added a pre-heroic supplement. I've been thinking about it for a new campaign. Something like the old Dragon Wars [/COLOR]http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/3668/Dragon+Wars.html computer game.

The PCs are regular "Joes" who end up in Purgatory . They had a previous life but are now forced to become heroes or die. They would need a fighter mentor. A thieves guild could be more of a hook. How do they learn those spells anyway?

Any thoughts?
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]
[/COLOR]

Submit "How did they become heros?" to Digg Submit "How did they become heros?" to del.icio.us Submit "How did they become heros?" to StumbleUpon Submit "How did they become heros?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments