Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Independant Gamer Perspective

Solo Quest and Board Game

Rate this Entry
Unable to resist i turned a single sol quest scenario into 6 connected ones. The connection part is optional, but they all fit together well if done in order. Still play testing them, but i will post all 6 when i am done. Only the first one is complete and i need one interactive test session where i obeserve to see if some of the little features i built in (hey, the web offers a lot more than paper!) are being used and worth it to keep in.

Sadly i was on another forum when it was asked what your favorite game would look like as a board game. As a designer, i could not resist the call and i sat down and pounded out a board game in a couple hours. I cut a bunch of card stock up and plan on testing it in the next couple weeks. I started typing up the initial mechanics and then a single "Tale". You can find it here:

http://www.incarna.net/iweb/game/form/board/tale/

Of course i am in the middle of another rules update: 3.5. Since deciding to make everything 100% free i find the mechanics too "advice heavy" or "explanation heavy" and am ripping out as much text as i can to move to player and GM services and keep the core mechanics light weight. Throw on top of that a heart surgery, mothers back surgery, wife's kidney infection, and a looming deadline at work of October 15th to release a full year's worth of labor for UW Medicine.. well, things got crazy (again). But i wont stop developing and designing. Had a 10 hour session last weekend - needed that.

Looking forward to some Munchkin, Arkham Horror, Kobolds Ate My Baby and who knows what else tomorrow.

Submit "Solo Quest and Board Game" to Digg Submit "Solo Quest and Board Game" to del.icio.us Submit "Solo Quest and Board Game" to StumbleUpon Submit "Solo Quest and Board Game" to Google

Updated 10-02-2010 at 01:43 PM by templeorder (spelling)

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Musings

Comments