Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Drone7

Valley of Fet, or maybe town of Fet

Rate this Entry
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Iíll start with some background since some of my posts become less about the campaign substance and more about the game system.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]The town and keep of Sodor (yes, I ripped that off Ė my son is a Thomas the train fan) was experiencing some trouble with a blue dragon and local kobold tribes. The player characters, all strangers at first, were arriving in the town of Sodor throughout the day. About noon, the local alarm sounded Ė signaling that kobolds had been spotted. The town had enacted a lock down plan when this occurred, and so, all businesses and homes closed and barred doors and windows waiting for the all clear alarm to sound after the garrison scared off or scattered the kobolds. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Something very strange happened shortly after the lockdown. People felt dizzy, disoriented, something was wrong. When windows were forced open despite not having heard the all clear alarm, everyone noticed that while it was around lunchtime when the alarm sounded, it was now suddenly dark outside. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]No one really knew what happened, but what appears to have happened is that the town, keep and the immediately surrounding area were all transported. Sodor, which used to be a coastal town, is now situated in a wooded valley. The woods that used to exist here happened to be in the territory of a local goblin tribe led by a strong goblin chieftan named Fet. The town was evacuated, and all people were brought inside the keep for security purposes. While the town slept, Fet and some goblin forces crept into town and took up residence within the well built buildings of Sodor.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]The PCs, having been ambushed by a goblin scouting party shortly after being transported or teleported, proved themselves to be capable and resourceful fighters, just the kind of people needed to help aid the town in a time of crisis. They bravely fought to rid the town of its goblin infestation. After countless skirmishes and ambushes, the PCs found and destroyed Fetís two main lieutenants, and found some highly valuable information in the process, including Fetís location within the town guardhouse. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Having been triumphant in a fair amount of fights before with the goblins, the PCs stormed the abandoned guardhouse and found a fair amount of traps and goblins waiting inside. And while some of the fights seemed rather mundane, the sudden appearance of Fet in the fight certainly made things much more difficult for the PCs. Fet savagely attacked any PCs within reach, and managed to knockdown the rogue several times in the fight, but ultimately, Fet stood no chance against a group of adventurers who had managed to wipe out the majority of his warlike tribe. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]The PCs emerged from the guardhouse exhausted and bloodied; some more so than others. They earned the gratitude of the town and local officials, not to mention almost all of the goblin treasure hoard they could carry (which is not that much by the way). More importantly, they earned a well needed break, a chance to rest and regroup. A chance to think long and hard about what has happened, and what is out in the woods waiting for them.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]With the upcoming Saturday off, I am sure the players will come back next week eager to explore. One of my players has also agreed to DM some as well, which means I will be spending a little of my time playing next session.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]There were some magic items that were handed out last session. Their effect on the session itself was rather minimal. I do have to say that the combats this week were much improved for the group with some exceptional rolling. While my rolling is rather consistent, the players seem to have broken out of the bad-zug-zug-voodoo-dice rolling funk they had been in. Lucky for them, I had a feeling that another week of pitiful rolling would have brought about the death of a character or two. As it so happens, no one died. And while the rogue did get dropped a few times while fighting Fet, I would say the group worked well together last week. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]As I said before, the additional protection of some magic armor and amulets of protection did not provide such an advantage to the players. In fact, I think they ended up taking even more damage than usual, but that is ok Ė I think that everyone had a decent time, and I also think that everyone is still relatively happy with their character.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]I have noticed that the battlerager, while quite durable, is not very sticky at all, and I have a feeling being outside of close quarters fighting could be bad for him. He was a real boon for the party in the fight with Fet (a melee solo), but I shudder to think how bad things would have been if he were attacked at range consistently. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Thanks for reading, Iíll have something more in March.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Dan G.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Submit "Valley of Fet, or maybe town of Fet" to Digg Submit "Valley of Fet, or maybe town of Fet" to del.icio.us Submit "Valley of Fet, or maybe town of Fet" to StumbleUpon Submit "Valley of Fet, or maybe town of Fet" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments