Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

The Curmudgeon's Lair

Sick, sick and sick.

Rate this Entry
Well we just got out of the hospital again, spent almost a week in for this visit. This time Nate developed a UTI that got into the blood stream. He developed a high fever that eventually went up to 105, got a little scary for a while. Just as they were about to transfer him to the PICU his fever came down. Took some serious antibiotics, and lots of ice packs to get it under control but they finally managed that. Spent the rest of the week in because Nate's blood pressure went high as well and we had to get that back to normal. He's doing good now though, being a goof.

I managed to get the flu while we were there and had a lovely time being sick. While I was in a fever induced, cold medicine enhanced dilerium at 4:00 AM, I came up with a possible TPK, 1st level encounter with Kobold minions. I'll see if I can get it typed up soon and get some feed back. I mean, how awesome is that, TPK by Kobold minions , and evil to boot.

Submit "Sick, sick and sick." to Digg Submit "Sick, sick and sick." to del.icio.us Submit "Sick, sick and sick." to StumbleUpon Submit "Sick, sick and sick." to Google

Updated 02-20-2009 at 01:10 AM by kirksmithicus

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. So, this would be a level one encounter with 20 kobold minions?
    What? I'm not the first one to think of this?

Actually, it was going to be a mix of 12 kobold minions, 1 kobold skirmisher, 5 rats (minions as well), challenging terrain, ranged weapons and partial cover. I was thinking of replacing a couple of kobolds with a trap though. The idea was to create an encounter that showed that minions were not XP rewards, but could be challenging encounters when used right. As well as demonstrate the need for good teamwork and creative thinking, as opposed to the "lets charge in and wipe out the lousy kobolds" power gaming type thing. The rats would only be part of the encounter if the PC's attacked in a certain direction.