Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

deathboy

Podcasts...

Rate this Entry
So I have been talking with one of my gaming friends and she suggested I should start a podcast about world building for a rpg. Though the idea is interesting I am just not entirely sure what to talk about and where to start.

Submit "Podcasts..." to Digg Submit "Podcasts..." to del.icio.us Submit "Podcasts..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Podcasts..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

The devil's in the details (or sometimes the creative lack of them). Working on my current campaign has taught me that while you can't prepare for everything, having a good foundation can help immensely with improvisation and growing your story from an encounter to a quest to a campaign.

So if you're good at building worlds, maybe talk about the best/easiest way to build a good dungeon crawl, or how to incorporate real-world events/historical items into your new world. Not sure exactly what you're friend was looking for when they asked you to do this, but if world building's your thing, I'd be interested to know how other people do it.

Happy Gaming!
    "Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop." -the King, Alice in Wonderland