Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

nijineko's world

chapter twenty-four: the serpent in the oasis....

Rate this Entry
My heart was heavy when the high-priest came to us. His face was stern, austere. In a flash of inspiration, I beseeched him to permit me to address the tribe before the verdict was given. To my relief, he acceded. Prepared with some minor magical oratory enhancement to aid me, which I felt safe in using, as it did not directly affect any of the tribal members I addressed, I stood and presented myself. I drew upon my memories of my early life with my first-kin, and guessed at customs that we would likely share. I must admit, thinking back upon it, that I did well. Very well. Suggesting that some of the tribe accompany us, to keep safe the items of historical importance and other things sacred to them, was a stoke of wisdom.

After a short recess to consider my words, our desire was granted, with conditions. One guard and the tribal Loremaster would accompany us to the king's resting place. Of course, we were not to disturb anything in the tomb. The guard assigned to us has become a friend over the last two days. But the Loremaster.... He looked surprised that we would be permitted to go. We sought to hide our surprise at the certain stranger who had spoken with us in the depths of the night.

I wonder if the high-priest knew of the serpent which dwells within his garden oasis. We were in great danger.

Submit "chapter twenty-four: the serpent in the oasis...." to Digg Submit "chapter twenty-four: the serpent in the oasis...." to del.icio.us Submit "chapter twenty-four: the serpent in the oasis...." to StumbleUpon Submit "chapter twenty-four: the serpent in the oasis...." to Google

Comments