Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Independant Gamer Perspective

The role and approach to luck

Rate this Entry
Does anyone use "luck" in their games as some sort of official mechanic? Is it personal or group based? We have both good and bad as an actual mechanic. I've tried to come up with a good way to approach a "shared" luck approach without much agreement. The 2 prevalent solutions are
1) All personal luck can be conferred on another party member
2) There's a sep. luck for the group that is less powerful but can be used by any in the group.

The first one is easiest but the most out of balance. Just send in your best warrior in a fight and then let the other PC's grant their measure of good luck as needed. Seems out of balance to me. But i hate creating a whole separate mechanic for group luck. The one conditional factor i thought of was to say it could only be shared when the encounter is shared. IS that it, as simple as that? Anyone out there have any other ideas?

Submit "The role and approach to luck" to Digg Submit "The role and approach to luck" to del.icio.us Submit "The role and approach to luck" to StumbleUpon Submit "The role and approach to luck" to Google

Categories
Musings

Comments