Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Farcaster's Musings

Have you checked out d20Pro?

Rate this Entry
d20pro pushed out an update today. Version 2.1 is out of beta and available for download.

You know, I recently ran a 4th edition demo game using d20pro. It's actually a pretty sweet little app for running remote games, and even for using as a digital replacement for your battlemat at your regular face-to-face games as well. It was designed specifically for the d20 OGL ruleset and has a set of plugins to integrate nicely with Pathfinder. There are also patches for 4th edition, and the software will even automatically import the D&DI Character Builder files. It still has a ways to go to be able to truly handle 4e well as there are a number of things that you have to either keep track of manually or jury rig to handle the 4e ruleset. Nonetheless, I'd highly recommend checking it out. If you're running a 3.5e / Pathfinder game, this is going to be a perfect fit.

Check out this video.

Submit "Have you checked out d20Pro?" to Digg Submit "Have you checked out d20Pro?" to del.icio.us Submit "Have you checked out d20Pro?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Have you checked out d20Pro?" to Google

Comments

Wow! I so have to check this out. Hopefully it isn't as time consuming as MapTools, but not as bare as Gametable. Props to you once again Farcaster.

Also, I wonder what would happen if I watched that video again, but while drunk...or while huffing laughing gas.
    It's definitely worth checking out. Let us know what you think of it.
    Farcaster:

It's a very slick engine but as I'm new to vtt's I'd need some help w/ how to get the campaign I run entirely into it. Before I going crazy with it (downloaded 2.1) I was wondering if you knew of any self help videos or if you knew of a site that had a step by step build for the engine. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again for sharing this ahead of time.

Cheers
    Eb