Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

nijineko's world

chapter sixteen: that fateful mistake.... (or, why my character is never, ever, EVER, allowed to stand watch again!!!)

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
A fierce fight ensued in the main cavern-room in the lower level. We hid Sabriel and the other three with sight obscuring magic, and had them wait in the corners of turns of the main staircase. We hid ourselves likewise and rang the alarm gong we found with some of the guards loudly. Some appropriate shouting in Giantish and a clever illusion of combat down one of the hallways completed our trap.

As expected, some giants came rushing down the stairs and into our fell into our trap nicely. Then, some more unexpected giants came rushing down the stairs afterwards, in hindsight, after a cautious pause. Then some completely unexpected fire giants came out of one of the side passages! Now being surrounded, we fight our way through the giants in our "trap", and I hurriedly wrap ourselves in the obscuring magics again. We find it prudent to retreat. Well, to be honest, flee.

After some quick twists and turns in the rough hewn passages, we find ourselves in the forge area. Many dwarves are chained to the various parts of the forge rooms, working on armor and weapons. Some swift negotiation along the lines of, "mutual enemies make us allies and we can hide you and free you..." and we are helping the dwarves to cut themselves free. We hide them in the otherwhere bubble at the end of a rope and then ourselves as well. Just in time!

We had barely pulled in the rope after us, than the fire giants returned. It was rather entertaining, as well as educational, listening to the cursing of the two giants as they reluctantly take up the work that they were forcing the poor dwarves to do. We let them get in stride and then blind-sided them. Once they are taken care of, we give the dwarves most of our rations, and a good portion of water-they have been shorted rations for all too long. Unfortunately, the latest battle was heard, and we are forced to hold off reinforcements as we finish the battle and provender the dwarves.

They are mightily puzzled about our mysterious disappearance. Let them search, they will not find us! A sudden movement outside the portal catches my eye. Seems like fog... or smoke? Maybe gas of some kind. It cannot hurt us in here, and we can outlast them, I'm certain. I glance over at the others. All asleep. There is nothing to worry about, so I will not awaken them.

Submit "chapter sixteen: that fateful mistake.... (or, why my character is never, ever, EVER, allowed to stand watch again!!!)" to Digg Submit "chapter sixteen: that fateful mistake.... (or, why my character is never, ever, EVER, allowed to stand watch again!!!)" to del.icio.us Submit "chapter sixteen: that fateful mistake.... (or, why my character is never, ever, EVER, allowed to stand watch again!!!)" to StumbleUpon Submit "chapter sixteen: that fateful mistake.... (or, why my character is never, ever, EVER, allowed to stand watch again!!!)" to Google

Comments