Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

nijineko's world

chapter six: no smoking please....

Rate this Entry
On the Eve of Starday, 6th Month of the Year of the Emberhound. We have arrived nearly a half-days walk from the stronghold. Lord Mousehunter consented to scout out a site for us, finding as near to perfect a camp as we could hope for. Tucked away in the corner of a valley-rift, with a nearby stream hides our cave. And the cave now hides our supplies and horses. A rather tight fit at the mouth, but then it widens out nicely once inside. We will even be able to build a small fire, assuming we are careful with the wood.

A matter of politeness, perhaps, but we try to avoid using our friend Nadem, as a living campfire.

The rest of the evening passed in securing our camp, and scouting for any patrolling giants. Again, Lord Mousehunter proves her worth, finding a roving patrol heading into the stronghold. We now know the lay of the surrounding land. The forest has been cleared back to quite a distance around the fort. I think it would be best for us to take the next day in observing, and honing our basic strategy a little more. It is fortunate that we have learned to speak with each other, Lord Mousehunter and I. As the years go by, she grows more intellectual. I shouldn't be surprised if she should challenge me to a game of Jar'nai one of these days. She brings news of the first hitch to our plans.

The giants keep a full pack of dire wolves in their outer courtyard. With night falling, we can now hear the occasional howl, despite the distance. The moons are waxing near full, tonight.

Submit "chapter six: no smoking please...." to Digg Submit "chapter six: no smoking please...." to del.icio.us Submit "chapter six: no smoking please...." to StumbleUpon Submit "chapter six: no smoking please...." to Google

Updated 05-20-2011 at 04:01 PM by nijineko

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Campaign Logs , Against the Giants Campaign Journal

Comments