Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

nijineko's world

chapter two: cloak and blindfold....

Rate this Entry
On the Morn of Fireday, 5th Month of the Year of the Emberhound. I so value Pik's wisdom. In his blunt and abrasive way, he asks questions that, quite frankly, would not occur to me until much too late. We now prepare to embark on our journey with Nadem, to meet with his friends. We, I, have high hopes for this venture. Pik is grumbling as usual about having to cover himself from the prejudiced eyes of the common townsfolk. I remind him that I have to cover myself just as thoroughly, or suffer severe burns upon my sun-sensitive skin. I wonder, almost automatically, about my parents, and lost history. Even the ever present ache of the past only passingly impresses itself upon my consciousness. I hope that Nadem's friends are not adverse to working at night. Binding my eyes with the transparent gauze that protects them from the achingly intense light of the bright summer's day, I venture a complaint about the cheerful sunshine of the day, and receive several clacks of mandibles in return. Amusement. Our preparations are nearly finished, I shall write more once we have spent a few days in some practice with our soon-to-be compatriots.

Submit "chapter two: cloak and blindfold...." to Digg Submit "chapter two: cloak and blindfold...." to del.icio.us Submit "chapter two: cloak and blindfold...." to StumbleUpon Submit "chapter two: cloak and blindfold...." to Google

Updated 05-20-2011 at 03:13 PM by nijineko

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Campaign Logs , Against the Giants Campaign Journal

Comments