Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Pen & Paper Games - P&PG Get's New Leadership
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
  • P&PG Is Getting New Leadership

As many of you know, I've been absent from the site for a while now. I tried many months ago to be the administrator that this site deserves, but the truth is that I just have too many things going on -- and that isn't likely to change any time soon. So, I have decided that it is time for me to step aside as the primary administrator for Pen & Paper Games.

Fear not though! In my stead, Matt James will be taking up the mantle of leadership for P&PG. For those of you who aren't familiar with Matt already, he is an award-winning game designer from Washington, DC. His design creds include work for Privateer Press, Paizo, Kobold Press, and Wizards of the Coast. He's also the co-founder of Vorpal Games -- creators of the Red Aegis RPG, and he is the most energetic (borderline manic, really) person I have probably ever had the pleasure of meeting! It is that energy and his extensive network of contacts in the RPG industry that Matt will be bringing to the table to breathe new life into our community.

As for myself, I'll still be around in a mostly technical role -- handling the back-end administration of P&PG's web-server and infrastructure support.

With that, please welcome Matt James as the new administrator for Pen & Paper Games!

Matt James is an award-winning game designer from Washington, DC. He has designed and developed game content for companies such as Privateer Press, Paizo, Kobold Press, and Wizards of the Coast. He is currently the lead developer and co-owner of Vorpal Games--creators of the Red Aegis RPG. Matt is also a disabled combat veteran, having earned the Bronze Star Medal and Purple Heart during his service in Iraq back in 2005.
    Comments 25 Comments
      Matt James -
      Firstly, thanks Farcaster! I was promised Red Bull and cookies. So, if you could just get those to me as soon as possible, I would appreciate it!

I have some neat things in store for PnPG, but I would rather let each of them speak for themselves. Keep an eye peeled.
      Morashitar -
      Thank you Farcaster for finding reinforcements and welcome Matt James as the new administrator.

Wow award winning game designer! Very cool! ...and wow R.A. Salvatore next to you. A great writer!

I hope you will enjoy this site and help us aspiring gamers and game designers out when you have a chance!

Thank you!
      Soft Serve -
      Guess "Welcome" isn't entirely appropriate since he's been here a while. So congrats to Matt.
      Farcaster -
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
      I was promised Red Bull and cookies.
      You on Red Bull is a scary thought :P
      fmitchell -
      Congratulations on your promotion, Matt. Sorry to see Farcaster step down, but maybe new blood can shake the place up.

GROGNARDING ALERT!

We used to have a more active community, but many of them left. At least a few left after, er, disputes with our more prickly members. No doubt others got bored and checked out. Attracting indie publishers helped a little. Still this forum is largely new campaign announcements, blog feeds, and years-old threads, enhanced by spam that slips through.

Still, I miss the free exchange of GM tips, setting ideas, and industry discussion. I'm not sure what the answer is. Advertising? Perma-banning whole topics a la the Posthuman Studios forum? Recruiting other Paizo and WotC luminaries?
      Soft Serve -
      Quote Originally Posted by fmitchell View Post
      Still, I miss the free exchange of GM tips, setting ideas, and industry discussion. I'm not sure what the answer is. Advertising? Perma-banning whole topics a la the Posthuman Studios forum? Recruiting other Paizo and WotC luminaries?
      I've posted my long-winded opinion on this elsewhere as it has little to do with the original post.

I would have posted it in spoiler tags here, but we don't have those do we? Why don't we have those?
      Sobek -
      Pretty cool news, congrats to both on doing more and doing less, respectively!
      kroh -
      Congrats to both. Thank you for not only providing a cool place to discuss our hobby, but also keeping the fans of the site in mind to ensure it's success in the future. Bravo.
      Freighttrain -
      Welcome aboard Matt! My good friend David M. Has nothing but amazing things to say about the James brothers.
      Le Noir Faineant -
      Congrats! I don't come here all too often, but I think this is a great site, and it's good to see it go on.
      DeadReborn -
      Congrats, Matt and good luck in future endeavors, Farcaster!
      Matt James -
      Thanks all. One things this change will do is allow for us all to shape how the site moves forward. It's a good thing that I haven't been involved in the past issues with various members or topics. I have a good idea of some changes that can help us all out. Again, thanks for the great reception.
      DarthDual -
      Pretty cool news, congrats to both on doing more and doing less, respectively!
      Soft Serve -
      Matt James running for administrator with the Obama "CHANGE" approach.

Attachment 4223

Any approximate date when things will start going down or turning up? Already seeing some people in the forums with less than 10 posts running around which is good.
      trechriron -
      Awesome News!! Farcaster - you rule! Thanks for your service. Looking forward to what Matt brings to the table.
      BruceSheffer -
      Great to have some new blood
      Jrandom -
      Awesome news. I am a Kickstarter supporter of Matt and his brother Brian's "Red Aegis" (which looks excellent, if you are going to GenCon, check out their panel).

Welcome Matt!!!11!!1!1!
      Matt James -
      Thanks everyone. I appreciate the warm welcome.
      Grummore -
      Welcome!
      Daydreaming -
      Farcaster is still pretty awesome in my book!
      But... Congratulations Matt on your new responsibilities! I look forward to seeing your fancy new innovations.