Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
  • P&PG February 2011 Updates

You may have noticed a few changes to the forums in the last few weeks. A couple forums, like the Product Reviews & Discussions section have been merged with others, while other have been retired completely. I've also moved the Player Registry, and Campaign Invitations to the very top of the forum list, highlighting one of the chief purposes of the site and making it easier for new folks to figure out and navigate. The overall goal is to streamline the forums and make it easier for people to find the content they are looking for. To that end, if you have any suggestions, please send them my way.

Also this month, the forums have gotten a few minor, but very cool, upgrades...

Member Profile Page Customization
    Yep, the ability to customize your profile is back. This feature disappeared some time ago when we moved to vBulletin 4, but they have finally got it back in. You can check it out by clicking on the "Customize Profile" button when viewing your profile. Please, for the love of all things holy, try not to make anything too ... gaudy.

What's New Changes
    One thing that has bothered me for a long time is that when you use the "What's New?" button on the navbar, it would only show new posts by default and never any different content types together. With these latest updates, finally, What's New? will behave like it should, giving you a list of all new posts, articles, and blogs. You can also configure the What's New feed to show you the latest group messages by going to your Settings > General Settings and changing the User Customization options -- near the bottom. There you can add or remove different content types from the What's New feed.

Facebook Integration

This is probably one of the coolest new features. You can now link your P&PG account with your Facebook login. Once you've connected your accounts up, your logins will automatically be synched. If you are logged into Facebook, you can automatically log in to P&PG by clicking the Facebook Connect button at the top right of the header. You'll also be able to automatically post status updates when you post a new blog, article, comment, or post. I've tried it out, and I definitely like it.

While you're messing around in Facebook, by the way, be sure to stop by and "Like" our P&PG Facebook page at www.facebook.com/penandpapergames. This is a great way to be able to get updates about the latest news here at P&PG directly in your Facebook feed. Then please spread the word by suggesting our page to your friends.

Thanks all and enjoy!
    Comments 2 Comments
      yukonhorror -
      one note:

Is there a way to "mark blogs read"?

When I have read all I want to read with regards to the forums, I like to click mark forums read, so they don't pop up when I click on what's new (to avoid cluttering and to easier spot interesting topics).

Apparently there is no way to clear the blogs from the what's new page aside from reading them all.
      Farcaster -
      Yukon,

I have not found a way to do that either, unfortunately.