Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
  • Pen & Paper Games Nominiated for 2010 ENNie's Best Website!

I am pleased to announce that Pen & Paper Games has been nominated for ENNie's 2010 Best Website Award! As I look back, we've had an amazing year. Since GenCon last year in August, we've almost increased our membership by half, from about 9,000 to the over 13,000 that we have today. One of my biggest fears for P&PG is that as we have gotten bigger, we would lose some of that "small community" camaraderie, but (knock on wood) despite all that growth, we have been able to maintain an awesome community of gamers. And now, we've been nominated for Best Website! How great is that?

Thank you to all of you for making this such an incredible community!
    Comments 16 Comments
      yukonhorror -
      apparently we missed the voting??

but HOORAY! for PPG
      Farcaster -
      Oh, you'll have your chance to vote. The nomination process is done by a panel of judges. At the next stage, you'll get to go vote for each of the nominees to determine who will win in each category. That starts on July 16th. Trust me, I'll remind you guys
      JasonYarnell -
      Congratulations! It is well deserved.
      Richard Littles -
      Congrats Farcaster and I'm proud of ya for getting PPG nominated.
      DM_Running_Farland_3.5 -
      Is that trick question? It is greater than the time I saw a femmebot playing D&D without a boyfriend/husband around. But not as great as the time Panthro82 massively failed his un-opposed spot roll and saw a gorrila in a cell in a dungeon.
      kirksmithicus -
      Congratulations Farcaster! We all know you've put a lot of work into the site and you deserve the recognition.
      bigironvault -
      Well deserved man -- I want to now add that Big Iron Vault has an ENnie nominated person as our editor ... haha I'm totally mooching there ... but all joking aside, great job man, great job. In this day and age with millions of sites out there, to be nominate is just plain awesome.
      Blydden -
      OH MY THE RAVEN QUEEN! SQUEEEEEE!

Congratulations Farcaster, you deserve it. This site is awesome and it deserves to win...or at least make it to the next next stage.
      yukonhorror -
      http://www.ennie-awards.com/voting/ballot.asp

If you are an idiot like me and DON'T read the instructions: 1 means your favorite, and 5 your least favorite
      Inquisitor Tremayne -
      Congrats Farcaster and congrats and thanks to the community!
      cplmac -
      Yes, congrats to Farcaster and the P&PG community. Also want to make sure that everyone is aware that Jess' blog, "One Geek" is also nominated. I have already been on and voted for P&PG as well as those affiliated with our beloved site.
      Farcaster -
      Yes, absolutely. Please remember our friends at Crafty Games and our resident blogging godess, Jess Hartley's One Geek to Another.
      Blydden -

Now we wait...mwhahahaha...
      cplmac -
      Also, Rite Publishing has an entry there.
      Farcaster -
      Mmm. I like the idea of having that image as a badge, Bly. You can now go into your profile page and add the badge to all your posts by selecting "I Voted! - ENnies 2010" under the Profile Badges section.
      Blydden -
      Ooh! I did something constructive! Huzzah!

(Now I just need to do something destructive to balance it out...)