Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Star Wars Edge of the Empire: Ice Station Zulu

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

(After John Leppard ran the Star Wars Edge of the Empire scenario “Ice Station Zulu” by David Villegas with Ben Abbott, Laird Davis, Nathan Johnson, and me Saturday, February 3, from 1:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.)

ICE STATION ZULU

Ten years after the end of the CLONE
    WARS, much of the galaxy is in the
    grip of the vast and powerful EMPIRE.

Working to consolidate its power, the
    EMPIRE has engaged in many ...
  2. Wherein I Read Star Wars D6, Second Edition

As a kid practically raised on Star Wars (and other pop culture media experiences, often produced by George Lucas), this game was a staple of my formative roleplaying years. During the short window of sixth- and eighth-grades, my gaming lexicon consisted of Palladium's games, Rules Cyclopedia D&D, and Star Wars. Pretty much in that order, too. I have changed in the two decades since first picking up a bucket of dice and pretending to be a Jedi-in-training, so I figured I'd take a second look ...
  3. Long live Saga!

by , 02-04-2010 at 04:45 AM (Random musings of an insane writer)
    It was an ordinary day, much like other days. I got up, showered, shaved, brushed my teeth and walked into the kitchen to brew some espresso. Naturally, I switch on my laptop and go skimming my usual news sites(mostly gaming related, hee), everything seemed normal enough, so I glanced over at the espresso machine and began to make my way over there when something caught my eye. It was a news item about Star Wars Saga Edition. I stopped, went back to my laptop and clicked it open.

...... ...
    Categories
    Life , Games
  4. Tempting FATE: Advancement

There's one aspect of hacking up Spirit of the Century that was neglected in the previous posts: character advancement. That is, characters change in response to their experiences. Usually by getting mechanically better at what they do. Most games that I've seen build on this base model, either with levels or build points. Spirit of the Century, as written, is not one of these games.

By design, characters have already "made it" as pulp adventurers and heroes, so there's nowhere ...
  5. Tempting FATE: The Force and Other Setting Considerations

We've covered the main mechanical aspects of FATE, as they relate to Star Wars; in both the Skills and Stunts posts, we referenced the Force in one fashion or another. So now it's time to describe the Force, how it works, and so forth, within the context of FATE.

THE FORCE
    By now, most of us geeky types understand the Force, either by casual watching of the films or a more in-depth, analytical look at the philosophies that emerge. And the arguments over the nature of the ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast