Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Islands: The New World, Part 2

“What Do I Know about Where We Are?”
    You know that Clenchwarton is the primary power in the islands; when you see a ship, it’ll probably be a Clenchwart vessel. You know that Clenchwarton nominally shares the responsibility with Waclaw for overseeing the largest city in the islands; they are both imperialist powers seeking conquest and resources and hoping to one-up and outdo each other. Pitting them against each other, especially on this kind of scale where it could actually matter, might ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  2. The Islands: The New World, Part 1

The New World

The new world is lush and beautiful, yet with untold promise comes terrible danger. The new world sparkles but darkly. And the old world wants it.

Your character can’t be from the new world. You start play here, yes, but you didn’t start here. The issue is one of cognitive disconnect: If only one PC were to be from the islands, I’d have to give that one player all the information he would have and not give it to everyone else and then play a different game ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  3. The Islands: Langwarrin and Other Places

Langwarrin

The leader of Langwarrin (pronounced lan-GWOR-rin) is President Judas Pearcedale, a friendly enough sort who was elected president of Langwarrin unanimously.

He voted for himself.

He lives in a beach shack on the western coast of the huge island that is Langwarrin. President Pearcedale waits until a shipment of prisoners arrives from Clenchwarton, gives them food he’s scrounged from the surrounding scrubland and local lakes, offers the newcomers ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  4. Tales of the strange and dastardly

by , 01-06-2010 at 06:15 AM (Enter the worlds of Combination)
    Well it is winter yet again the snow is thick and relentless in Worcester and I have decided that I want to start up my campaign again. What bored you say, well that and I miss a weekly game.

I have the need for crack… and my crack is gaming… I will post at least once a week in the blog until I have a group together, with some history notes and random stories from the campaign. Once I have the group going I will try and post a summery of the story line from the adventure. ...

Updated 01-12-2010 at 02:54 AM by Opie Wan Kenopi

Categories
    Campaign Logs , Dastardly tales
  5. The Road to War

So we finally kicked off the Scales of War Campaign after a month delay and numerous player changes do to people having other commitments. Four players showed for the first game, a fifth stopped by after work to tell us he had the flu and was going home. So not to bad of a turnout.

First off, this is the 3rd or fourth game I've DM'd in about 10 years, so I suck, and I know it. Hopefully I will get better with the narration and other aspects of DM'ing soon. The game got off to a bit ...

Updated 01-25-2010 at 03:56 PM by kirksmithicus

Categories
    Campaign Logs
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast