Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Week 6 - A new chapter.

This week's worth of encounters details begins with the fresh start promised last week. Full of health and vigor, new skills, and new potential to be realized. The week end with a familiar result. : ) To set the scene, we started with a buzz of a few DMs being unavailable for the week and the concern over getting a spot at a table. Luckily, 3 DMs were readied and from what I could see no one was turned away. We even had space for a guy who had just finished the previous encounters. Yes he ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Well new state, new begining.

Transfered to Washington state, hoping to find a group to play D&D and or Warhammer 40k with got some good prospects, but nothing really panned out hope to find a stable group of players soon.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Styles of Old School Play

The main types of Old School Gaming:

1.Power-Gaming: Many players start out playing in this style. Many soon get bored with it and add more and more of other styles. A power-gaming campaign is all about character power. Characters are known by their class, level, special items, and amazing powers and deeds. (“I killed the Demon King with my 15th Level Fighter/Magic-User/Druid. It only took two hits from Thor’s Hammer to knock him out. Then I cut off his head with my vorpal blade.”) ...
    Tags: old school Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. What is “Old School” Play?

There are two major styles of roleplaying games. The first (and older) style says “Here is the situation. Pretend you are there as your character, what do you want to do?” This style has been superseded over the years with a style that says “Here is the situation. Based on your character's stats, abilities, skills, etc. as listed on his character sheet and your knowledge of the many detailed rules of the game, what is the best course of action to solve the situation?” Old school play strongly favors ...
    Tags: d&d, old school Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser-Fritz Leiber

There were many influence books for original D&D. Many of them are out of print or only just being brought back into print. When I talk with people on this site, it is amazing to me that many of them have never heard of the books or the authors. I find this a shame as most of them are a great deal of fun to read. I will be starting this with the books by Fritz Leiber and his creations, Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser.

Fafhrd and the Grey Mousers are loners by nature. Fafhrd ...