Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The perils of running your own game site

I always prefer the control over simplicity. So, i went to upgrade the database component of my web site (i run my own hardware) and everything crashed! Of course, can't have an easy day off. Scrambling for 2 hours i made sure everything was up to date, port scan, yadda, yadda, yadda. No worries as its always backed up, but dang... i hate having the site down. Had to post a message until it all came back on line, database engine upgraded, now of course the server pages need to get recompiled... ...
    Categories
    Musings
  2. Comic Con 2010 in San Diego

I went to Comic Con last year and had a lot of fun. It was not what I expected, my plans were shot on the first day, and there is a lot of wasted time standing in lines, even so I loved it enough I'm going back again this year. At lest this time I will know what to expect and have a better idea of how to see events I really want to see.

If you're heading up there as well drop me a line and maybe we can do lunch, dinner...whatever.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Postponed the next game session

by , 06-08-2010 at 04:41 PM (cplmac's campaign logs & blogs)
    Sorry folks, but the DM of the Underdark Adventure has some stuff to take care of this Saturday, so we had to postpone our next game session. The party is preparing to push futher down into the underdark. Hopefully everyone's schedule will mesh and we can do this on the 19th.

Not really sure what happened, but Belsar is watching for that giant worm that appeared when they were fighting the illithids. Had a close one with the Ferret almost getting his brain ate like the Giant. At ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. So you want to try a tabletop game online?

So you want to play a table top game, but your job has you on the road a lot, or maybe your group all grew up can't meet every Saturday to continue the campaign. So you start thinking about using an online tabletop to keep things going. There's a number of different options that you can try in order to make this work, and it might be tough trying to figure out which one is the best choice for your game. You'll need two things to make this work: a way to show the encounters to the players so that ...
    Categories
    Nonsense
  5. Ancient Blood - catching up

[For the Ancient Blood campaign group]

9142, Month 7, Day 12; The party returns to the surface lands of Belmain only to find that all their mounts and any equipment has vanished. The ruins of Gnedfort City stand in the distance, and the party decides to put as much distance between themselves and the dead city as they can. The village of Terrovere is the closest locale where they were threatened before and likely where the hunters followed them from.

Categories
    Campaign Logs