Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The laws of physics in fantasy role-playing games

There are really two considerations that need to be balanced here. The first is, the game has to be believable to some degree. You are asking your players to suspend their disbelief. The best games are immersive, believable, and realistic to a point. Usually the realism focuses more on the characters you create within the game and their reactions to the players. But sometimes it is important to have a scene that is accurate or a trap, or a building. At the end of the day if you have a group ...
    Tags: d&d Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Solo Adventures

For those folks who play in a small group and are hard-pressed to find an adventure to fit their size, I will be adding the adventures I'm making for my son to this blog. We will be starting this week in the town of Fallcrest (thank you very much Dungeon Master's Guide), and we will be exploring in and around the area of the Nentir vale going forward. Enjoy!

Updated 07-19-2010 at 03:04 PM by Malachi57 (Change from "Uncatagorized" to "Campaign Logs")

Tags: d&d 4e, fallcrest Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  3. Definition of Roleplay

If youíve ever looked at Dungeons & Dragons, but youíve just never been sure how to play it, then youíve come to the right place. Today Iíll be talking about some of the concepts that are core to D&D, but in a way that will make it easy for beginners to understand.
    In this first post of the D&D for Beginners series, Iíll be discussing the concept of roleplaying. Hey, D&D isnít only about rolling dice!
    Definition of Roleplay

1. to assume the
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Powerful NPC's in a game

I never got the whole "Why do it when there is someone more powerful" argument. That's not how real life works, and I'd wager, many of the people making the remark have they themselves started from nothing, and moved up in a company, or their chosen field. So why get promoted as a tech guy, or software developer? There are others to do that, just work at McDonalds your whole life.

Why don't the 5th level NPC's solve the problem that the first level PC's are given? Simple, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Pen and dice RPG Techniques for 3D RP

A project is underway to create a set of techniques for the application of APOCalypse 2500 a books and dice RPG in an electronic 3D chat environment. Since the game will not be played in a custom environment the goal is to come up with some processes by which GM's can administer rules, tell stories, and present visually satisfying encounters. It's like marrying two completely apposing points of view especially getting the idea of structure and limitation into 3D chat RP's like IMVU.
    Categories
    Gaming News