Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Street Chases and a UFC fight, D&D Style

The street chase went rather well I think. We started off with Donn returning the hide to Teldorthan and Donn refusing any kind of payment. This almost had me falling out of my chair. My stepson NEVER turns down loot with any of his characters, but ever since he gave that staff to Tobolar he's been Mr. Virtuous with Donn. I forced him to take the 200GP. Of course I immediately had him spend it on supplies! MWHAHAHAH!

So we spent a half an hour or so going over the Adventurer's ...

Updated 08-10-2010 at 10:18 AM by Malachi57

Tags: river rats, solo Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  2. Knowladge Checks

Knowledge checks. Knowledge checks can sure cause some problems in the game, such as:

1.Rolling all the time. While knowledge skills are made to be used, too many players go overboard. As soon as anything happens, five different players are rolling five or more knowledge checks attempting to know everything. This disrupts the flow of the game. The DM is attempting to set up role-playing encounters, not simply writing a text story. Knowledge checks make adventure boring. A player ...
    Tags: d&d Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Solo Quests

So started writing my first solo quest. I have three play testers. This is of course along side the 3.1 mechanics update. Solo quests are very different from the dynamic interactive GM. As a GM, i want to preserve that same sense of depth and immersive experience buts its impossible to do without addressing so many options at each decision point. My first set of play testing feedack was not to over complicate. I'm taking that to heart and scaling back things to make it easier and more fun for players. ...
    Categories
    Musings
  4. My First Blog Post: Feng Shui: Lost Island

I'm trying out this whole "blog" thing, on this here site here, and for my pbp I'm trying to get started.

It's FENG SHUI, the action movie game! I need at least another player or two - fun in the sand and surf, be a reality show contestant, vote people off the island, fight for your life in the South Pacific ... uh I mean.... I always give things away when I write stuff! D'oh!

Come check it out! Feng Shui: Lost Island
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. River Rats! EEeeeewwww

Tonight we will be adventuring! Donn has returned to FallCrest with dragon hide in tow and will return it to the Smith Teldorthan. We will then move to the market square where Donn will have a chance to replenish his stock of sunrods, healing potions and other travel items before having to run a street chase encounter against a thief in the market. He will then petition his friend Serim Saluzar to help him find out more about these thieves and their wiles. Here is a snippet from the flavor text ...
    Tags: fallcrest, solo Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Campaign Logs