Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Bringing final fantasy to the tabletop (using HERO system 6th ed.)

So was in a gaming store on my vacation, and came across HERO. I have heard of it from people on this site, but didn't know much about it.

Scanning it, it seemed pretty neat, very flexible, complex, but not overtly.

What really rang with me was its compatibility possibilities with a Final Fantasy tabletop game.

I LOVE final fantasy, and think the world's/stories are just so well done. But translating it to the table is difficult.
  2. Update on my life

A few weeks ago I bought two used and non-running toyota supra turbo's. They were cheap cause one engine had a blown headgasket + two melted pistons and the other was even worse off with a big hole in the engine block.

Anyway I managed to build a running engine for one of the cars so now I am happily motoring around in something worth driving that also has a backseat for my son.

I've always said that rpg's are my secondary hobby next to cars but I am eager to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Wherein I Read the Dresden Files RPG

It's just about time for the start of the fall semester, and I decided to give myself a back-to-school treat, in the form of the Dresden Files RPG pdfs. (I wish I could have afforded the physical hardcovers, but alas. There's always the various gift-giving holidays~)

The usual background info: The Dresden Files is easily my favorite series centered on a wizard named "Harry," and fighting hard with the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 'trilogy' as my favorite book series overall. ...
  4. Lost Island - Slow Start, MIA Player(s)

Started with approximately 3 players, seem to have dropped to 2 (I hope the second person, that I know IRL, is reliable), though I now have another joining, and I may possibly have another person from the chatroom joining.

It's a slow start - maybe it was all the faux Christopher Walken (Reginald Strolen) posts? It was a lot of text, but it felt like a typical convoluted action movies setup, that will eventually turn out to be pointless, like it should be.

I finished putting ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Audor D20 -- Rebooting my homebrew of Audor

Since they announced that 4th Edition was coming out, I've been debating what to do with my homebrew Audor campaign. Do I upgrade? Keep it 3.5? Update to Pathfinder? Go my own way.

My final decision is to go my own way. I will be keeping very close to 3.5 rules, but changing only what needs to be changed.

This will require writing up a new Players Handbook for my setting, and deciding what to change.

Let's start blogging.

The first ...
    Tags: audor Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized