Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Silent Disappointment

I have returned from the gaming group I met, and unfortunately, things did not go well.

I was ready - spending hours on writing down what I was going to say and hooking up my new printer so I could have the seven pages I put together on me, but it turned out my friend neglected to tell the group that I was coming, much less why I was coming. I wasn't given an opportunity to talk about my games, except for explaining to the owner of the house why I was there, which didn't seem to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. FF HERO: my first stab at a class's powers: the fighter

I'd figure I'd start off with something simple. So I started with the fighter. It still wasn't simple, but I think I got it.

EDIT: I presented some questions on the HERO boards, and I think I have refined this a LOT. So everything has been adjusted.

Now, how I want ALL classes to be set up is they have their signature 1st level power, but all other powers can be bought. I have set these powers up as the "minimum" cost for that power. The power can always ...

Updated 08-30-2010 at 11:12 AM by yukonhorror

Categories
    Final Fantasy in 6th edition HERO
  3. Old School Maximums

Rulings, not Rules - The players can describe any action, without needing to look at a character sheet to see if they “can” do it. The referee, in turn, uses common sense to decide what happens or rolls a die if he thinks there’s some random element involved, and then the game moves on.

Player Skill, not Character Abilities – Original D&D is game of skill in a few areas where modern games just rely on the character sheet. In an old school game, you are always asking questions, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Upcoming Presentation

So, I've been busy trying to figure out what games to present tomorrow night, as my friend has not contacted me yet regarding the group's mindset. Therefore, I've been left with little choice but to eliminate games from my list based on what they currently play. Since they play Castles & Crusades, I've thrown out my fantasy games. They play Star Wars d6, so I've removed my space opera games as well. They play World of Darkness, thus one of my horror games has also been removed. That leaves ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Non-heroic 4e D&D, or a Viscious New World

Does the assumption that we all want to play "Heroic Fantasy" bother you about 4e? Well it does me, I've complained about this before so I won't go over it again. What I will do is talk about a possible way around the default Heroic Fantasy setting.

So the other day I was messing around with the character builder and I happened to leave the character's class empty. This had an interesting effect on the character.

Gone are the never ending escalation of HP, gone ...