Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Gaming Variety...

When I first joined P&P, I was in the midst of gamer burn out looking for something - anything to reinvigorate my gaming passion. I'm the type of person, that probably over thinks things, and as is typical, have spent a good deal of time over the last year and half, trying to figure out why gaming just wasn't enjoyable for me. Recently, thanks to some insight from my wife - who happens to loathe the fact that I game, but figures if I enjoy it who is she to judge. She made mention that she's ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Adventure Idea #1: The Necromancer's Test

I was reading a section of The Complete Book of Necromancers by TSR and came across the mentioning that sometimes a necromancer would have multiple candidates vying to be his/her apprentice. So (while I'm sure this has been done already) why not have a necromancer build a multi-tier dungeon as a kind of "testing grounds" for them?

SPECIFIC IDEAS FOR THE DUNGEON:

1. Within each level could be a mini-boss. Perhaps an undead apprentice who failed that tier and ...
    Tags: necromancer, test Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Furry Races(or so to speak) for d&d 3.5 or homebrew

Iron Claw was not something i enjoyed so me and my DM sat down and customed 55+ anthropomorphic races. here are just the first 10.

Squirrel = (Avg glide 30’across per 5’ down) +5 Climb, Climb 10’ spd, +2 Dex, +4 Listen, +4 Spot

Panther = claw, bite, rake, lowlight vision, +3 Mv sil, +3 Dex, (+6 Hide shdw), +3 Hide, +5 Bal, drkvis 60’

Cheetah = claw, bite, rake, lowlight vision, +3 Mv sil, +3 Dex, +4 Hide, +30’ spd, Run x5, drkvis 60’

Cat ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  4. Let's set the record straight...

It's nice to see the many discussions that always seem to show up time and time again, here on the internet or in face to face chats, concerning Old School and New School. I would consider myself an OS gamer, considering I began gaming in the late 80s when 2E DnD was first released. From the 'good old days' to present, I have had the opportunity and good fortune to play and run a variety of systems. However, I'll focus on DnD, as 2E was my first and still is my favorite system...this excludes about ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. FF HERO: Thief

This one was tricky. Wanted the realism of theft (not the cartoony version of Final Fantasy) but wanted a final fantasy feel to the class. This is what I came up with.

THIEF

Category: expert

Ability maxes: 8 8 15 12 5 12

Allowed Weapons: boomerangs, light swords, knives, ninja blades, swallows

Allowed Armor: Armwear, Hats, Suits

Starting Ability:
    Backstab: +2d6 HKA (30 active points) ...

Updated 09-07-2010 at 08:57 AM by yukonhorror

Categories
    Final Fantasy in 6th edition HERO