Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Good News

I got some good news the other night. A friend of mine called me about joining his gaming group. Unfortunately, his group plays systems that I don't, so I politely turned him down. However, unlike the previous times he asked me to join them, I mentioned to him that I was eager to find a gaming group which played a game I was into. He replied, "How about this. You stop in gaming night (Thursday) and do a little presentation of the games you want to run. If the group likes one of them, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. FF HERO: class attribute maximums, recategorizing classes, and some thoughts on progression

As promised, the second half to attribute maximums. But one quick note. I did not like the Mediator class. Thought it was super lame. Yes it is supposed to be like the beastmaster class, but comes out super lame. As there is a animal handler skill, beastmaster will be absorbed into that. Also, I thought the gunner and the berserker should be added. Could use the archer for gunner, but the gunner from FFX-2 is pretty nifty, so will base the gunner class on that. Also, the berserker will be ...

Updated 08-17-2010 at 11:15 AM by yukonhorror

Categories
    Final Fantasy in 6th edition HERO
  3. Lost Island Activity

Now I've had 3 players post, including one who really put some real creative effort into his character creation, including a photoshopped calendar for his failed career, and two more people are joining! PBP is fickle!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Atlanta rant

I'm a female storyteller.
    I have gamed under 2 other female storytellers. Both every Entertaining and always a good story line.

It is me but when I make a character and wrote a history that is approved by the current GM I'm I wrong to think they will at some point use some of the crap in game?

I like character driven Games when I have a smart ass punk of a kid running around tell elders to piss off I fully expect his to get throttled if not dead.
    Tags: rant Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. FF HERO: Races

This was was easier than I thought. In terms of distinctive features, those could be added on a case-to-case basis (like heat resistance for dwarves).

What I think has a nice element here is the ability score maximums. I was thinking of combining these with the ability score maximums the classes give you for a "total" ability score max. I'll need to completely revamp the ones from classes, though.

In HERO terms, what this could be a loose maximum. I.e. ...

Updated 08-17-2010 at 11:17 AM by yukonhorror

Categories
    Final Fantasy in 6th edition HERO