Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Lost Island Activity

Now I've had 3 players post, including one who really put some real creative effort into his character creation, including a photoshopped calendar for his failed career, and two more people are joining! PBP is fickle!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Atlanta rant

I'm a female storyteller.
    I have gamed under 2 other female storytellers. Both every Entertaining and always a good story line.

It is me but when I make a character and wrote a history that is approved by the current GM I'm I wrong to think they will at some point use some of the crap in game?

I like character driven Games when I have a smart ass punk of a kid running around tell elders to piss off I fully expect his to get throttled if not dead.
    Tags: rant Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. FF HERO: Races

This was was easier than I thought. In terms of distinctive features, those could be added on a case-to-case basis (like heat resistance for dwarves).

What I think has a nice element here is the ability score maximums. I was thinking of combining these with the ability score maximums the classes give you for a "total" ability score max. I'll need to completely revamp the ones from classes, though.

In HERO terms, what this could be a loose maximum. I.e. ...

Updated 08-17-2010 at 11:17 AM by yukonhorror

Categories
    Final Fantasy in 6th edition HERO
  4. Week 10 - I want my mummy.

OK it actually was a haunt, but it came from a sarcophagus. Nonetheless he ended up being the baddie at the end of the chapter and whose tomb it was we had stumbled upon. He had a few minions type friends to deal with as well. My high point was stabbing one minion with my dagger to clear out away from the haunt. Go go melee skillz! We ended up with the regular group and a regular DM so it was a nice finish to the story. We ended up losing no one, and actually got a favorable result in a sort ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Bringing final fantasy to the tabletop (using HERO system 6th ed.)

So was in a gaming store on my vacation, and came across HERO. I have heard of it from people on this site, but didn't know much about it.

Scanning it, it seemed pretty neat, very flexible, complex, but not overtly.

What really rang with me was its compatibility possibilities with a Final Fantasy tabletop game.

I LOVE final fantasy, and think the world's/stories are just so well done. But translating it to the table is difficult.