Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Cure for the Common Stirge

So tonight we had an encounter with some Stirges. Brought about no doubt by the discussion around the table of our fond and not so fond remembrances of 1e D&D. Some of the conversation centered around the ways that the 1st edition rules (or lack of) were abused by players, with plenty of humorous examples.

In the ensuing, and very not so deadly encounter with said Stirges from Sturgis. The Avenger character was hit. If a strige hits with an attack, at which point the character ...

Updated 08-27-2010 at 01:26 AM by kirksmithicus

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Rules Lite Is My One True Way, Sorry Number Crunchers

As I was talking to P&PG member Umiushi in chat the other night, I thought, again, about my gradual transition from initial wallowing in TSRian/Gygaxian tomes of charts and critical hit tables and equipment lists that spanned dozens of pages, to Chaosium/Warhammer rules and gear complexity moderation, and now preference for as close to so-called "rules lite" systems as I can get, but with a still solid and practical structure, like Feng Shui or more specifically, now that I've re-examined ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Simple Online D&D Gaming Tips

1.Don't do anything else. Don't be watching TV, surfing the web or talking with other people. Yes, D&D can be slow and boring at times, but you should still pay attention. And if you can't role-play talking to an elf king for ten minutes, then D&D might not be the game for you.

2.Know the rules. Have your rule books nearby and read them. You can also find the rules online.

3.Know your character. Look up your powers and spells. Know what they do. It's a ...
    Tags: d&d Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Player Etiquette Tip

One of the things I've noticed with some of the groups that I've played with, still being rather new to the world of Dungeons and Dragons and RPGs in general, is that alot of players don't seem to have a good grasping of Player Etiquette.

A small thing that bugs me with some players is that they impose on the DM alot, saying things along the lines of "Redgorf walks over and opens the chest", versus "Redgorf is going to walk over and open the chest". While the differences ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Narayan is scars_of_carma

Yes its me. I wanted to change my handle cause scars_of_carma is what I was using for all my other handles on automotive-forums and instant-messengers.

I realized that if I was online specifically to game, I didn't want guys Im'ing me to talk about cars its too distracting. That's why I've decided to use different handles for different hobbies.

I did try and get scars_of_carma literally changed or at least deleted but the admins didn't reply to my request so sorry ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized