Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Chemistry....Rewarding unto itself

I LOVE IT WHEN A GROUP COMES TOGETHER! I have a group that role plays and meshes so well together that it warmed my little black GM heart. They were joking with each other in character and completely had the team work angle going for the entire game. For about a half hour or more, I pulled several individuals out to give each magic user their vision quest and/or magical groupís assignment. During that entire time, the rest of the group stayed in character and role played. As each one got their quest, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. How did they become heros?

I skipped 3E but as I play 4E I find that the characters are downright tough! I pit the 4E first level characters vs monsters as recommended in the DMG and modules and I cringe. In my 1E and 2E mindset these characters are going to get their [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Clocks Cleaned!

[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]When they play within their role (controller, defender, striker, leader) they manage to always come out on top. My new players really seem to enjoy this but I had one old-schooler ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Charlotte, NC needs a gaming jumpstart it seems.

Iím either doing things horribly wrong or Charlotte is simply a place of the gaming void. Iíve tried to join up with some groups in the D&D community that play the Living Forgotten Realms modules, but the problem I find here is that I might as well be doing war gaming. There is some role-play but youíre pretty much an ass if your character has a problem with another personís character and wonít let the module commence. You suffer PCitis horribly and thereby simply allow PCs into the party because ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. PC Backgrounds

In my humble opinion, there are three perspectives to character backgrounds: literary, player and GM.

Literary: As a highly novice writer, every book on fiction writing will tell you to start with your characters. Characters make the story. Characters come in three parts: description, background and motivation. For physical description, I pull a picture and make sure my words reflect that picture. The other half of description is their personality: funny/serious, introvert/extrovert, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Matching Styles

Since things have gotten a little serious here, I thought I would lighten the mood a little. AnyhowÖ

When searching for new games or more gamers for your own game, there are the basic cut and dry questions concerning: date, time and game system. Then there are the qualifications most GMís want in players: sane, reliable etcetera.

Lastly, we come to the very ambiguous style matching. For that I asked two questions. First, I ask the combat ratio they like to see if it matches ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized