Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Turning Tricks

Ha! Ha! I thought the name would get snap folks awake..Anyhow its GM Tricks of the Trade
    I have a few tricks and shortcuts that I thought I would share. Please share your own and let me know what you think. For all of you who leave and have left comments, I thank you for your support.
    Floor Plans
    Three cheap options to avoid drawing them yourself:
    Buy an architectural magazine my fave and costs about $4
    Clearance game books no matter what the system, a floorplan ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Week 15 - The big finish.

Our last episode of Fury of the Wastewalker found us face to face with our antagonist who has chased us across a desert just because he couldn't tell the difference between a psionic and a wizard. Someone get that guy an insider account already. As was common much throughout my Jarvix experience I found myself short on hit points and out of healing surges. My plan in these situations is quite simple: fire everything off and find a corner to die. Thanks once again to 7 person party I managed ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Week 14 - Captain, Oh my Captain.

This episode of Encounters was a blast. First we were reunited with a player who previously had switched tables to aid with balancing. Second Barcan said is dramatic goodbye and was replaced with a warlock. Last we meet a brand new friend, a large goliath with a net. How we meet them is another one of those moments you can get when you put people in a room together a regular basis. During setup our DM Jeff asked for us to build upon the map and make a larger map to accommodate a larger party ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Week 13 - Barcan goes boom!

I am having much fun with Encounters, enough at least to distract me from trying to blog each week. Digging deep into the memory banks we travel back in time to a week that finds our heroes on one side of a chasm with the big bad guys on the other side. A small chunk of cliff side has fallen to create a walk way between the two sides. As a squishy caster I was more than happy to stand back and lob spells over at the monsters. Our defenders had another problem. The punchline would be "to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A short cut from some new friends

by , 09-16-2010 at 12:53 PM (cplmac's campaign logs & blogs)
    As we gathered for this game session, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Belsar has gained enough XP that he has now become a level 6 fighter. This will come in handy since it is the party's intent to push down the the illithid's underground city stronghold in an attempt to free all those that have been taken.

We set out with the intent on making our way to the illithid's city. From what we have seen and been told of the illithids, the people that they have taken ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized