Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Fantasy Dungeon Creation

After getting a comment on how I build campaign world maps, I've decided to talk about how I create dungeon maps. I have a confession... it's easier than I want to admit.

There are three sources for dungeons - natural caverns, man-made (creature made!!), and combo dungeons.

With natural caverns, I just use squiggles on a piece of graph paper - or download an existing cave map (http://www.climb-utah.com/WM/Maps/NuttyPuttyCaveMap.pdf). Then I arrange the monsters with as ...

Updated 12-11-2010 at 11:35 PM by Malruhn

Categories
    Gaming News
  2. Savage Worlds Hellfrost Chat Game: First Session Schedule

Nobody has really replied about the timeframe for the Savage Worlds game so I'm setting the schedule for:

Savage Worlds Chat Hellfrost Chat Game:

Monday, Dec 13, 8PM CST/GMT -6 (6 PST, 7 MST, 9 EST)

If anyone has any last minute adjustments, please contact me before then. Thanks! -JP
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. FF HERO: cast of characters (final version hopefully)

I think we finally have enough players to ACTUALLY have a game. Yeah. Here they are folks:

An Al-Bhed Engineer from Cosmo canyon where a dragon saved them from a horrible attack from the Gi tribe. Went into the world to find the dragon, and joined shinra to have access to their resources. He was part of the team who designed the first mako reactors. When he found out what Mako REALLY was, he was shamed and quit. He joins avalanche with an intimate knowledge of mako reactors to shut ...

Updated 12-15-2010 at 12:26 PM by yukonhorror

Categories
    Campaign Logs
  4. D&D Pathfinder d20 fantasy : once/month NYC, NNJ, Westchester, Rockland

About me: 38, have been playing and running various games for over 20 years. Not only table top but LARPs as well. Great attention to detail and combat. Pretty damn creative.

I am looking for 3 to 5 player for a home brew campaign. I would prefer players to be mature, ahem, over 21+.

About the game: I will be using the Pathfinder system. I run the game more as a story teller than a DM. The world is my own. I do not in general force players into "modules" rather ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Adventure Design

Iíve recently started DMing quite a bit, its been several years and a couple editions of D&D since Iíve done so. I think the last time I ran a significant campaign was back with 2E. The rules have changed quite a bit, but the tasks that you need to do as a DM havenít really changed much. As Iím relearning those tricks I figured Iíd type up some of the notes so that if I take a lengthy break again I wonít forget quite as much.

One of the first problems that Iíve run into is ...
    Categories
    D&D