Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Week 14 - Captain, Oh my Captain.

This episode of Encounters was a blast. First we were reunited with a player who previously had switched tables to aid with balancing. Second Barcan said is dramatic goodbye and was replaced with a warlock. Last we meet a brand new friend, a large goliath with a net. How we meet them is another one of those moments you can get when you put people in a room together a regular basis. During setup our DM Jeff asked for us to build upon the map and make a larger map to accommodate a larger party ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Week 13 - Barcan goes boom!

I am having much fun with Encounters, enough at least to distract me from trying to blog each week. Digging deep into the memory banks we travel back in time to a week that finds our heroes on one side of a chasm with the big bad guys on the other side. A small chunk of cliff side has fallen to create a walk way between the two sides. As a squishy caster I was more than happy to stand back and lob spells over at the monsters. Our defenders had another problem. The punchline would be "to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A short cut from some new friends

by , 09-16-2010 at 12:53 PM (cplmac's campaign logs & blogs)
    As we gathered for this game session, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Belsar has gained enough XP that he has now become a level 6 fighter. This will come in handy since it is the party's intent to push down the the illithid's underground city stronghold in an attempt to free all those that have been taken.

We set out with the intent on making our way to the illithid's city. From what we have seen and been told of the illithids, the people that they have taken ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Comparative Character Generation: The Final Chapter

by , 09-16-2010 at 08:21 AM (Inside lives a goblin that feeds on indecision.)
    Just to finish off the series, I've completed the last Comparative Character Generation essay. It covers more than a dozen other systems in a paragraph each, then comes to some unsurprising final conclusions.

Updated 04-29-2012 at 09:18 PM by fmitchell

Categories
    Comparative Character Generation
  5. FF HERO: extra skills, items, equipment, revamped equipment lists, and extra thoughts

With skills, items, and equipment done, the character side of things are done. Next step is to figure out gold and XP scaling. But at least I can do character creation now.

Also, with revamping equipment, I revamped the equipment lists

Skills:
    Scavenge: extract items from destroyed creatures (INT)

Traps: Dex based skill to disarm traps.

Items:
    Cost of item will be based on active points.

All items ...