Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. TOEE: spiders, a closet full of undead, and a bit of Deus Ex Machina

Howdy! Thought I'd deliver a bit of a treat for the holidays before I take my vacation. This was the last bit the adventurers of my game went. After this, it will be what I PLANNED on happening, but won't be able to give you insight on how an example group would have handled it.

So from the central area, you can go south or north. The mentality of 4e is not as forgiving as 3rd edition. In 3rd edition, if the monsters were easy, you leveled up slow and if they were hard, you ...

Updated 12-21-2010 at 01:44 PM by yukonhorror

Categories
    4e conversions
  2. Shouldn’t Gamers Be Open Minded?

I want to preface by saying that I think for the most part they are but some not so much. Being in any sort of fandom is an invitation for the public to criticize. At least that is what I have found. The reason this topic has come up for me personally is due to a recent disappointment. All this is regards to recruitment and belonging to a group.

1. Within the pool of gamers out there, first you just gotta get a group/players that can meet with your schedule. That many times eliminates

Updated 12-17-2010 at 04:47 PM by Blond Gamer Girl

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Session preparation and quest hooks

A while back I discussed some concepts for creating adventures. These adventures are fairly short, I would equate them to a module in terms of game content. Which means, that it leaves you with some additional space in your campaign to fill up. There’s nothing wrong with creating bunches and bunches of adventure modules for the players to go through. The next real problem I faced was getting them to go there.

Its easy enough to just have whoever they are working for send them ...
    Categories
    D&D
  4. black Pyramid of the ancient cloakers REMAKE (D&D 4e lvl 18-19): floors 3-4

End of adventure. Again, did not stat out ancient cloakers, but the previous post described what to do.

3 Floor 3

21) Teleport room.
    This room will teleport to room 17.

22) Dressing room.
    In this dressing room, 17 cloaks can be found hanging on a rope (a). Every cloak has got two red eyes and a tail. These are the remains of a couple of ordinary Cloakers. Some of the Cloakers are Ancient Cloakesr, playing dead until they can surprise ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	floor3b.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	145.5 KB 
ID:	3158   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	floor3a.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	143.5 KB 
ID:	3159   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	floor4.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	3160  

5. TOEE: return to the blog! Entering of the crater ridge mines.

I know its been a while (~7 or so months), but somebody said they like my little conversion, and who am I to deny them! You never know, maybe I'll be able to run this puppy again.

In any case, as a reminder, last time we just left Rastor and were headed towards the mines. My players were NOT subtle, so the main door defenses were able to shore up and prepare.

So the alarm sounds in rooms 2-10. Rooms 2-5 were the "first" encounter. So will describe ...
    Categories
    4e conversions