Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Frugal GM: Are Gaming Supplements Necessary Evils?

As a GM: When running a game, of course I have my core rule book either in electronic or print format, sometimes both. If a newer version is published, I donít necessarily buy it. If the old version suffices, I keep using it. When it comes to supplements, I buy what I consider important to the overall grand plot. For instance, if the setting is New York and the system has a New York supplement that I think is quality and at a reasonable price (usually used or electronic), I purchase it. Otherwise, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Sembian Merchant in Suzail (Part 1)

Some time ago I had my first attempt at DMing in the 4th Edition Forgotten Realms setting. I hadn't read through all of the lore, but in skimming over the details of the locations I latched onto the Netheril/Shadowvar occupation of Sembia. It sounded like a fun place to start an adventure. Flipping through a bunch of modules for quest hook ideas I put together a fairly decent story for my players to go through.

As I was typing up the story in case I wanted to reuse it later, ...
    Categories
    D&D
  3. Tsojcanth: Search for the Drow

by , 02-11-2011 at 02:33 PM (cplmac's campaign logs & blogs)
    Ok folks, the other members of our tabletop game group are chomping at the bit to get back to my 2E D&D game. Since I have gotten the opportunity to play a character in both another DM's 2E as well as another GM's Conspiracy X game, I have told them to give me a couple of months to finish getting things together to kick of the next game. I hope to have concluded my online "Destiny of Kings" game that I have been running in the Chat by the time this starts. All of the original 9 ...
  4. The Dresden Files RPG: Kickback City

A quick summary of our Dresden Files game, up to the latest session.

Washington, D.C.: "Kickback City"

- Themes (Aspect): Entrenched political groups make it difficult to enact change (Us vs. Them)
    - Threats (Aspect): Growing dissatisfaction calls the underprivileged to action (What About the People?); New powers make plays for established territory (Small Time, For Now).

The Cast

Jesop Manson (Focused Practitioner)
    - High ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  5. D&D Pathfinder Chesapeake Beach Maryland/DC/Annapolis area.

World - Forgotten Realms map + originally unfinished continents with some Wheel of Time classes, Codex Alera and Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Celts, Vikings, and Gauls transported to Toril via lost fleets from Storms at Sea. Using PATHFINDER rules.

We have a 14 x 4 foot gaming table with Plexiglas cover, overhead projector for maps with 12 x 6 foot screen, about 2000 D&D figures monsters and heroes, enough 28 mm buildings to layout a city, enough forest terrain for Fangorn Forest, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized