Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Taking the Plunge

Well, I want to play. This is coming up to my busiest time of year for work. I am trying to sell my house to move back to where my siblings and their families live, and we grew up, nearly 600 miles from here. I will have lots of opportunity to play as player or GM once I move. I plan to play with my sons over Christmas break. If anyone lives near Kalamazoo and wants to play AD&D or Old School/clones, let me know.

Updated 09-01-2012 at 01:54 AM by Fasbold

Categories
    Play , Campaign
  2. Night One: The Half-Orc Assassin

Played the first OSRIC/1e game last night on irc.darkmyst.org, #WestgateAdventures_OOC (open call for players) and it went pretty well, considering only one player signed up so far. The game was impromptu, but it was dictated pretty well by player desires and random background generation. The game is going to be low plot, letting players dictate speed and style of play. There will be dungeons to explore and stories to tell, but these will be on a game-by-game basis with no railroading or metaplot ...
    Tags: ad&d, osric Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  3. I Ran a Savage Worlds Hellfrost Tabletop Game

It took four hours from character creation to end of adventure, including stopping to eat home cooking at my friend's house, for he and his stepson and nephew, and everyone thought it was awesome and pretty simple - everyone liked it, and maybe it was the simple adventure I picked, but it was easy to run as well.

The different dice types all get used a lot and can be a bit confusing at first, and always using a "Wild Die" for all your rolls except damage also confused people ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 1e/OSRIC game

Tonight, around 8pm central, I'll be running an OSRIC/1e game online. For those not in the know, OSRIC stands for Old School Reference and Index Compilation. It's intent is to provide a basis for AD&D 1e games so that enterprising individuals can write, share, and sell AD&D games and products. Well, I'm one of those individuals, and I'm doing some demo/playtesting tonight for Johnny Rook Games (http://www.johnnyrookgames.com).

Come visit the irc network Darkmyst (irc.darkmyst.org ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  5. Floorplans HELP

HELP!!!

While I can get home and business floor plans and tons of maps for travel and just add some stuff to make it an SR4 genre, I completely stink at drawing and thought maybe some folks here may know of a resource for me at a free or nominal price.

I want to make a complicated B&E for a small museum. I would like realistic floor plans and maybe even some security measures. This is a futuristic setting but a modern museum (preferred) would do. Some of the ...