Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Gamer's Resolutions

Promises to Myself for the New Year

1. Stretch myself as a player
    Create more complex characters
    Really get into their heads
    Have my characters evolve more during game play
    Get a better handle on my vocal accents and avoid accent drift

2. Organize myself as a GM
    Have material read for more than a single game session ahead of time
    Keep my antagonists organized and ready for re-use and recycling
    Pack my bag of GM equipment
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Nefarious Tendancies - Northward Bound

After leaving Faith-hold Keep, Graven and Aeris rest up during the day. The following night, they head to the Sour Ghoul Tavern to see what is going on. Celebrations continue after the death of Elena. The two sell the paperwork they found in Elenaís office to Deathsong and collect their reward for participating in the previous nightís incursion. A mysterious stranger in the tavern catches Aerisí eye.

At the black market, Aeris strikes up a conversation with the mysterious stranger. ...
    Tags: ravenloft Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  3. The Frugal GM: Are Gaming Supplements Necessary Evils?

As a GM: When running a game, of course I have my core rule book either in electronic or print format, sometimes both. If a newer version is published, I donít necessarily buy it. If the old version suffices, I keep using it. When it comes to supplements, I buy what I consider important to the overall grand plot. For instance, if the setting is New York and the system has a New York supplement that I think is quality and at a reasonable price (usually used or electronic), I purchase it. Otherwise, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Sembian Merchant in Suzail (Part 1)

Some time ago I had my first attempt at DMing in the 4th Edition Forgotten Realms setting. I hadn't read through all of the lore, but in skimming over the details of the locations I latched onto the Netheril/Shadowvar occupation of Sembia. It sounded like a fun place to start an adventure. Flipping through a bunch of modules for quest hook ideas I put together a fairly decent story for my players to go through.

As I was typing up the story in case I wanted to reuse it later, ...
    Categories
    D&D
  5. Tsojcanth: Search for the Drow

by , 02-11-2011 at 02:33 PM (cplmac's campaign logs & blogs)
    Ok folks, the other members of our tabletop game group are chomping at the bit to get back to my 2E D&D game. Since I have gotten the opportunity to play a character in both another DM's 2E as well as another GM's Conspiracy X game, I have told them to give me a couple of months to finish getting things together to kick of the next game. I hope to have concluded my online "Destiny of Kings" game that I have been running in the Chat by the time this starts. All of the original 9 ...