Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Year of Blue Fire: Gearing Up

So, our first game for the Year of Blue Fire campaign is coming up this Friday. Iíve got the basic concept together for the first adventure, but I still need to sit down and stat out potential encounters and spend some time jotting down key locations and information. I usually work well under pressure and it is a first level game, so Iím not too worried about it.

Iíve decided to try out logging the campaign on Obsidian Portal. I created a campaign there last night. So far, Iíve only ...
    Tags: 38nujufph, d&d 4e Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  2. Skill Challenges

In the D&D 4E games Iíve been running Iíve been trying to make use of Skill Challenges periodically. Reading about them I really love the way that game mechanic feels, since it gives you a direct way to engage the players with a purely role play scenario. The trouble is that thus far I havenít had much success incorporating them into the game sessions. I know thereís been a ton of stuff written about them already; but none of it was said by me, which I think means that still more needs to ...
    Categories
    D&D
  3. Black Pyramid of the ancient cloakers REMAKE (D&D 4e lvl 18-19): floor 2

here is floor 2. Now I didn't include WHAT an ancient cloaker is technically. The Ancient Cloaker is an adapted version of the Cloaker.

For fear of copyright infringement, I won't include any details on AnC's or the Chief cloaker. What I was thinking was modify certain creatures to be LIKE cloakers. Basically switch and swap abilities. The following are the creatures I was thinking of using as a base (add in cloaker abilities like shadow shift and engulf):

Herald ...

Updated 12-15-2010 at 11:02 AM by yukonhorror

Categories
    4e conversions
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	floor2.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	139.8 KB 
ID:	3152  
  4. Wushu Pick-Up Game

I'm in the process of running a pick-up game of Wushu here in PPG chat, for a few players, including Pieh and ak47 and others; bog-standard quick fantasy adventure. We'll see how it goes. Here are some example PCs.

Lurg Ugghrugger
    Ogre Brute
    Smash Things 5
    Thick Hide 4
    Intimidating Demeanor 2
    Friend of a Boar 3
    Weakness: Too Big
    Honor: 2

Darkkiaser
    Ninja
    Blademastery 4
    Ninjitsu 4
    Gadgets 3 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. more new players

This week I have had contact with two more gamers who wish to join the game. If these two actually join those who have played last time we would have five players. Five is a good number to play and I would be totally happy with this. My problem is I can't contact David except via Facebook. He is not exactly into FB so I have not had any contact with him since the last game. He was punctual and an excellent role player. After the game he even went home and posted how excited he was about the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized