Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Dirty Hippie Gamer Musing: "What Is Roleplaying?" and Gaming Styles

I sat down this morning to read through Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness for a pseudoreview retrospective, made it past the table of contents easily and with no offenses taken at the authorial tone ... and then came to the first real page, where Erick Wujcik proceeded to annoy me as a reader. (To be fair, there's more than likely some Kevin Siembieda in those initial paragraphs, as some of the content is - typical for Palladium products - reproduced verbatim in the other game ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Bureau 13: Stalking the Night Fantastic - 4-2-11: Walnut Creek 1

Sunday, April 3, 2011

(After playing Bureau 13 with Melissa, Nathan, Matt, and James from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Saturday.)

Bureau 13, sometimes called the Bureau or the Agency, was secretly established to combat the evil or destructive side of the supernatural. Much like a simple detective agency, the usually small teams of Bureau 13 traveled the country, investigating, watching, and if necessary, disposing of the paranormal. While some aspects of the supernatural ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  3. Bureau 13: Stalking the Night Fantastic - 4-2-11: Walnut Creek 2

On Friday, June 12, 1992, they continued investigating Francis Webber. Zachary learned that he had a record and had served some jail time. However, the man didn’t have any outstanding warrants in the State of Ohio. He’d been jailed for assault and battery and spent some time in the state penitentiary.

They talked about sneaking a camera into the house to see if the bikers were doing anything illegal. Even if it were not admissible in court, ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  4. Encouraging players to blog about their character's experiences

I'm finally trying this again. I've had two players convince me its a good idea to encourage blogging to add flavor. I'm afraid its going to be self-rewarding to only a couple characters, but i will try it again.

I've laid down the law for the campaign and set some some basic blogging protocols.
    http://www.obsidianportal.com/campai...ging-protocols

I've said every entry must have the:
    1) Player citation (linked ...
    Tags: blog, players Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  5. Terror is an experienced game designer.

It's been over a year and my desire to be in a game is strong.

I work with a great number of folks who feel the same way. One of them is supposed to be running a game, and has been in that state for a few months. On Friday he looked to me and said "I can't wait to play in YOUR campaign! When does it start?"

He's a great guy and that was his way of saying "I'm just too busy man, you want to pick up and run? Let's play!"
    Categories
    Campaign Logs