Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Module Review: Scepter Tower of Spellgard

So I thought it might be fun to post reviews of the various modules Iíve made use of recently. Perhaps itíll be useful to someone else to know about it before using it themselves, but more likely itíll serve as a reminder when Iím looking over titles for something to use next in my own campaigns.

These will all be modules that Iíve used as a DM, Iím not about to rate the experience from a player since far too much of the detail might not be used because of the choices the players ...
    Categories
    D&D
  2. FF HERO: getting past the guards

It seems my players are taking the subtle approach as opposed to the brute force approach. Either is fine with me. Just a bit surprised.

So they get off of the train and see the guards guarding the main gate to the reactor.

They find an alley, climb up to the roof, and use it to get into position. After some deliberating, they find it is a bit risky to get in without subduing the guards. They surprise the guards and are able to dispatch them quite quickly. They ...
  3. I have too many thoughts ...

by , 01-01-2011 at 10:43 PM (Inside lives a goblin that feeds on indecision.)
    For a while now I've been claiming I'll start a new game Real Soon Now ... as I have been for years. Partly I'm worried that it will be Orc Lands all over again. (Or the V:tR campaign I joined last year.) Partly I just can't decide on a concept.

At the end of the final CompCharGen article I listed 26 concepts for a next game. The list changed somewhat: "Elysium" is on the backburner, "Where No Man Has Gone Before" has a pilot, and Stars Without Number joined ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. JaNoWriMo - write a book in January begins today. http://janno.ymakadomain.com/faq.shtml

Okay, todays the day to begin JaNoWriMo. http://janno.ymakadomain.com/faq.shtml

I will beginning a science fiction novel based on a game idea I had just recently. The universe is one of my own devising; a universe that would be considered a potential future of our world. With possible rare exceptions, all my Science Fiction books and games will develop and see print based off this possible/probable/potential future.

The goal is 50,000 words in 31 days
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. My First Blog Post/I Just Played My First Pen and Paper Game Ever

Hello all, so I have recently joined your forum here, and while I've only had one post, I can already appreciate your community and the tools you give each other to find other players. I decided that while it may not be an exciting topic, I thought it might be interesting to follow myself from the beginning of my pen and paper gaming and maybe document my progression.
    I got into Dungeons and Dragons by non other than the popular web comic, Penny Arcade. After I listened to the podcasts ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs