Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Shadowrun Rules Augment

In my previous post I mentioned that I have a list of disagreements with some rules so I thought I would put them here. Some of these augments can be used in other systems as well. Let me know if you like them. I'm curious of what folks think of my creativity and my thoughts on attribute defaulting in any system.

SR4 Rules Augmented

Magic
    When using Astral Perception, the sorcerer can either perceive cyber and essence like the book does. OR They may ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Group, GM or System

Group, GM or System

I see a lot of posts about various systems and this has prompted some thoughts on my part and might provoke some questions on everyone elseís part. Which is most important: the group, game or system? How do you rank them?

Group (50%): This is the most important IMHO because if players donít get along or simply the group doesnít mesh well, everything else is moot. Face it Ė who wants to spend several hours with people they canít ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Giving 4e one more try

Today I was invited over to one of my childhood friend's house my friend told me he had a game he wanted me to help him out with to my dismay it turned out to be 4e D&D. Now I have tried this edition more than one time as player and as DM and every time I did it always seemed to leave a very sour taste in my mouth.

To me it never seem to hold the same magic the same feel that earlier editions did to me, however my friend wanted me to help him learn the rules of the game as he was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Learning Warmachine

A couple of the friends that I play D&D with, are big on tabletop war games as well. Warhammer, Warmachine, Song of Blades and Heroes, that sort of stuff. For a while now, they've been trying to get the rest of the group to try out those games. Their main hurdle is that when all of us get together we'd rather progress the D&D campaign instead of try something new.

As I've recently had twin babies move in with me, my free time has been drastically cut short. Which means ...
    Categories
    Nonsense
  5. GM / Self Defeating NPCs

Currently in the Shadowrun Game I'm running, it seems that I have the beginnings of the over use of Spirits. Basically, PCs have begun to use spirits to do tasks that they can do. The party is mage heavy to begin with so its not like they need it. To me Spirits are self-defeating NPCs.

In the past any SR game that I have played in or GM'd for, spirits were used sparingly for this reason.

Has anyone ever had this happen in SR or any other game? What did you do?
    Categories
    Uncategorized