Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Sons of Tyranny: The Temple of Wyan of Bodach

The group decides to climb down off the butte and head toward the ruined temple to the west. They set out across the salt flat expecting to arrive at the temple in only a few hours. However, the simmering heat coming off of the salt flat made the ruin appear closer than it really was. After several extra hours of walking the group finally reaches the ancient crumbling temple. From a distance the group can see that a portion of the roof remains intact as do most of the edifices walls. They ...
    Tags: d&d, dark sun Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. My Gaming Group

Although not a game I prefer, this does show me and the majority of my gaming group, including ColdBard, playing Magic: The Gathering, April 11, 2011.

Me in the yellow. To my right is Ska Daddy the Nephilim. To his left is the Treant. In the foreground is TMI Cold Bard and hiding in the shadows like a ninja behind him is HobgobliRob.

Updated 04-14-2011 at 09:24 PM by jpatterson

Tags: coldbard Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Call of Cthulhu

For some months now I've been reading through the stories of H. P. Lovecraft. His concept of humans as insignificant motes of dust, hardly worth the attention of the older and more powerful inhabitants of the universe is really appealing to me. In most books, TV shows, and movies humans are major forces in these sort of conflicts; and in fact win more often than not. Its quite refreshing to see an approach where thats not the case.

This doesn't mean that humanity is defenseless ...
    Categories
    Call of Cthulhu
  4. Sons of Tyranny

“No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power on Athas than the need for freedom. Against that power, tyrants and armies cannot stand.”

--Unknown

"I too was born a slave, a son of tyranny... but If I die this day, I will die as a free man!"

--Malthius, Mule Gladiatior

we find our would be heroes, ex-slaves from the gladiator pits of Tyr, a mere week into their lives ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Growing with the game or stagnation?

Way way back in time, when I was in high school I started playing tabletop RPG's. It was just D&D at that point, unless you want count Magic the Gathering as well. That was pretty much it for quite a while, until college was nearly over and we finally branched out to try Shadow Run.

That was kind of a weird revelation. The hobby store we got our books from was Phantom of the Attic, and it was predominantly for comic books so only the most popular games would show up on its ...
    Categories
    Nonsense