Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Top Secret game 9-17-11

Saturday, September 17, 2011

(After playing the Top Secret scenario “Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, Code Name: Pisces” Friday with Stephen Turner, Jeff Smith, Erik Huffine, and Jeff from 7 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.)

The Agency was a secret, international espionage agency that hired spies from all over the free world to take on assignments that crossed international borders. Four agents had been assembled by the agency in May of 1980.

Eric Taft was a British spy ...

Updated 09-21-2011 at 03:00 PM by Max_Writer

Categories
    Campaign Logs
  2. It's a Wonderful Life (for Player Characters), another approach to adventure design

by , 09-17-2011 at 10:06 AM (The Dungeon Master's Journal of the Unquiet Lands)
    "If you give up, it will be the end of everything; but you have the capacity to change fate. This unavoidable destruction, this sorrow...you can change it all. That's why you have this power." --Kyubey, from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, episode one

Born Outside of Destiny
    Confronted by the common problems of adventure writing, I have developed an approach that is both efficient and makes player character activity inherently meaningful. Although I claim to have independently ...

Updated 12-27-2011 at 07:19 AM by Umiushi

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Second Post Blues; and A Rendezvous on High Hill, Part Two

by , 09-13-2011 at 06:53 AM (The Dungeon Master's Journal of the Unquiet Lands)
    There's always something to reflect upon after launching a new effort.

I like the name, but it's become obvious to me that focusing on The Unquiet Lands is too narrow for my tastes. I have a few other projects waiting in the wings that I would like to talk about in this blog. The name stays, but the scope is going to be expanded to my rpg projects in general.

Second, I had an initial conceit that I would present material in some kind of chronological order. I've decided ...

Updated 09-13-2011 at 07:06 AM by Umiushi

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. I'm with Shadowrun

Edition wars can get heated but with Shadowrun as much as I may complain about this change or that, I love all the editions. 1e was gonzo, over the top, amazing, awesome, and a ton of fun. The rules were goofy but unique. 2050 had rockers and riggers though mages and street samurai would steal the lime light and the decker would get avoided, not because of the rules themselves but that the system map made it a solo game (for the record 4e hacking is almost the same as 1e decking, minus the focus ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Exodus Shadowrun

Howdy, It has been a while since I posted an update about this Shadowrun 4th Ed campaign.

It is run by PeterDracos who is in the U.S. Air Force, and currently in the Republic of Korea. He is dedicated enough to the game that it starts at 6AM on Sunday where he is! (5PM Sat, (US) Eastern timezone/ 4PM Central). The game is "located" in Lagos (a Feral City) circa 2072AD.

Right now most of the "slots" are filled with 6 players. We have a Mage that's ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized