Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Campaign Settings

For almost all of my gaming I’ve played in the Forgotten Realms setting. The few times I was out of there it was in a custom world, which was thematically the same as Forgotten Realms. After 15 years of Forgotten Realms its starting to get to be about time to see something new. As luck would have it, D&D has had dozens of settings in the past, so there’s plenty of options out there to choose from. Now the real trouble is picking one to play in.

Scanning down the list I can ...
    Categories
    D&D
  2. Character Generation....

Unless specified otherwise on a per campaign basis, character generation uses the following method (please see further requirements at the end of this post):

4d6, drop lowest die, generate column of six stats.

Repeat twice more, generating two more columns.

No switching numbers between columns.

Pick best column.

Assign numbers from chosen column to stats as you see fit.

Apply racial / template / etc., adjustments. ...
  3. Chthonian Stars 7-17-11: Miranda

Monday, July 18, 2011

(After playing Melissa’s Chthonian Stars scenario “Miranda” Sunday with Jennifer, Eric, Steven, and Brian from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.)

Warden Report 7615942-WRUP001
    Nagendra Nitya
    HOMEWORLD: Earth, India
    HT: 178 cm
    WT: 63 kg
    HAIR: Black
    EYES: Brown
    CURRENT ASSIGNMENT: Puck, Uranus
    02 MAY 2159

This is the first report of security officer Nagendra Nitya, stationed on the in-process ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  4. Being sick gives a burst of creativity

I just am on the other side of 3 days of severe neck pain and being dosed with anti-inflammatories, ice, pain meds, and sleep medicine gave me a burst of creativity. In the middle of it i had a great idea for an adventure down and wrote it down on the backs of 3 pieces of a character sheet print out i had next to my bed.

Now that i look at it a little clearer to type it up, its absolutely brilliant. And it takes place on a ship, not many of my adventures are on water. It surprisingly ...
    Categories
    Musings
  5. DM Self Evaluation

For about two years now I've been DMing a D&D 4E campaign in MapTools. In the interest of trying to improve as a DM I like to take a moment from time to time and take a look at how things have been going; what parts I've done well and which parts I need to improve. Normally I'd base a lot of this on table talk from the players, its pretty easy to figure out what portions they liked based on their commentary. Since we're playing online this source of information isn't as available, despite ...
    Categories
    D&D