Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Jen's 7th Sea Game 5-4-11: Raymondo Glim 1

Thursday, May 5, 2011

(After playing Jennifer’s 7th Sea game with Don, Rich, RedJen, Jenny, and Wendy, from 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Wednesday.)

The Tale of Raymondo Glim

We helped Albrecht and Rafael get the 50 or so children back to the boat with some difficulty. The children were acting as if they had just woken up and were full of energy. I heard a few bits of Castillian mixed in with the rest as they jabbered away. Many children were drawn ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  2. Jen's 7th Sea Game 5-4-11: Raymondo Glim 2

“Did you all hear that?” Inara suddenly said.

“Hear what?” Nichole asked.

“It’s just ...” Inara said.

“Hear what?” I said when she didn’t continue.

“Oh, I must have just ... thought ...” she said.

“We’re in a magic forest,” I pointed out. “It might be wise to tell us.”

She just shook her head and then fed the owl that we suspected was Mr. Peanut.

“Your bird keeps talking to me!” she suddenly said to ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  3. Using line of sight in Maptool (Part 1)

Some time ago I worked out how to make good use of the line of sight calculations in MapTool. Its pretty neat how it works. The players are shown an outline if what their characters can see; any tokens not within that shape are not shown to them. Which is really need for the Seeker in our group, he has a habit of hiding behind pillars and popping out to fire a few arrows on his turn before returning to cover. When he's behind the pillar he actually can't see whats going on in the melee, so every ...
    Categories
    MapTools
  4. The Undying Light: In-Game Thread

The scene

Corellian System

You are looking out at one of the galaxies many mysteries the Corellian system with it's six habitable planets and the massive space station Center Point. As your view moves around the planet you see the space around Corellia is alive with swarming starfighters of all make and model along with the speedy Imperial TIE fighters. Along with the fighters you see a massive fleet of imperial Star Destroyers surrounding the massive ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. In which I complain about my DDI subscription

For a little over a year now I've had a subscription with WotC's DDI. This gets me their Dragon and Dungeon magazines, the 4E character builder, their monster editor, and access to the D&D compendium. Ostensibly it will give me access to the virtual tabletop they are working on, but as that isn't released yet I can't say much for certain.

On the surface I love the idea. A reasonable monthly fee gets me access to new D&D content as well as a suite of tools to help make the ...
    Categories
    D&D