Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Aliens Adventure Game: Forced Entry 1 (Part 2): 2010-07-30

I finally was able to run a second game of Aliens and finish up where we left off in July 2010. As it was so long ago, I'm first publishing the last game for easy reference. The new entry should be up within the week.

“This is Coombs,” the man’s calm voice said. “I’m in engineering. I have two technicians here. I sent one of the men to go check out the cargo bay. He started screaming. We called for you. Where were you?”

“You sent him off alone!?!” Simmons said.
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  2. WHAT is THAT?

by , 01-26-2012 at 08:42 AM (Inside lives a goblin that feeds on indecision.)
    "What is that THING you're using as an avatar now?"

Silly question.

It's one of these:

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. My house, my rules ...

by , 01-19-2012 at 04:51 PM (Inside lives a goblin that feeds on indecision.)
    Participating in Jim Raggi's forum about his new game brought up some other random game design thoughts. Here is as good a place as any.

FATE

Dispense with fixed stunts. Instead, I'd adopt a house rule (which I can't find a reference for now) that allowed players to "lock" an aspect to behave like a stunt: substitute one skill for another, grant a "permanent" circumstance bonus, a new function for an existing skill, etc.

Add experience ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A brief Jubal Early interlude

by , 01-13-2012 at 12:19 AM (Inside lives a goblin that feeds on indecision.)
    Novels and games always show wise graceful elves and grim greedy dwarfs. Does that seem right to you?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Visual Building/Room Creation for RPGs: Sweet Home 3D

Although I posted this on my website, I feel like this is neat enough to reproduce as a blog post here:

So you'd really like to get a good representation of a building or room for your rpg session, to help immerse the players in their characters' situation? There are a number of ways to do that, but here I am going to tout Sweet Home 3D, a free 3d home design application, available on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Updated 01-10-2012 at 11:19 AM by jpatterson

Categories
    Tabletop Gaming