Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. My house, my rules ...

by , 01-19-2012 at 04:51 PM (Inside lives a goblin that feeds on indecision.)
    Participating in Jim Raggi's forum about his new game brought up some other random game design thoughts. Here is as good a place as any.

FATE

Dispense with fixed stunts. Instead, I'd adopt a house rule (which I can't find a reference for now) that allowed players to "lock" an aspect to behave like a stunt: substitute one skill for another, grant a "permanent" circumstance bonus, a new function for an existing skill, etc.

Add experience ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A brief Jubal Early interlude

by , 01-13-2012 at 12:19 AM (Inside lives a goblin that feeds on indecision.)
    Novels and games always show wise graceful elves and grim greedy dwarfs. Does that seem right to you?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Visual Building/Room Creation for RPGs: Sweet Home 3D

Although I posted this on my website, I feel like this is neat enough to reproduce as a blog post here:

So you'd really like to get a good representation of a building or room for your rpg session, to help immerse the players in their characters' situation? There are a number of ways to do that, but here I am going to tout Sweet Home 3D, a free 3d home design application, available on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Updated 01-10-2012 at 11:19 AM by jpatterson

Categories
    Tabletop Gaming
  4. Beta play-testing/reviewers needed

Quote Originally Posted by Descronan View Post
    This group has always been a great help and I'm hoping it will be once more.

As most of you know I'm writing an RPG, Sundered Epoch: Generations, with the intent of publishing it. The rules are complete and I am at the point where I am moving on to the background world and artwork. In order to continue I am looking for folks who would be willing and able to review the rules, play-test, and provide feedback.

I can't offer payment, but I will credit anyone who participates
    Categories
    Gaming News
  5. Gary Gygax Tribute Game: Keep on the Borderlands - March 8, 2008

On March 8, 2008, I ran a game to memorialize Gary Gygax. We played Advanced Dungeons and Dragons; I ran the Keep on the Borderlands. A chair was set aside for Gary at the head of the table. We toasted him with scotch after that game. The man has touched so many lives. I've only now gotten around to fixing it so it can be online.

A photo of the game table is here: http://maxwriter.deviantart.com/art/...ygax-194539194

Monday, March 10, 2008
    Categories
    Campaign Logs