Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Bughunters: Unnatural Selection 2012-03-16 CaesarCon

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

(After playing the Bughunters scenario “Unnatural Selection” by Lester W. Smith from Polyhedron Magazine # 96 Friday at CaesarCon with Adam Frager, Neil, Steve Walkup, and Rick Snyder from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.)

In its first attempts at colonizing the stars, United Terra discovered that the galaxy hosted horrible dangers. But given the incredible distances involved, the extent of those dangers remained unknown. In a growing effort to gain better ...

Updated 04-04-2012 at 08:50 AM by Max_Writer

Categories
    Campaign Logs
  2. Converting 3.x to HERO: got to start somewhere (spells and certain core concepts)

SOOO, I like to have a pet project sometimes. I WAS working on a board game, but kind of stuck on that right now, so I decided to pick up converting D&D 3.x/pathfinder material to HERO.

I really like HERO. I like its mechanics, and I loves its versatility. One thing I really DON'T like about 3.x. I hate you have to be level 20 to get X ability. It would be nice if I could get it when I want it (assuming I can afford it).

As such, I am converting SOME of the ...

Updated 03-28-2012 at 08:17 AM by yukonhorror

Categories
    D&D 3.x/pathfinder to HERO
  3. M.A.R. Barker, creator of Tekumel, dead at age 82

by , 03-19-2012 at 08:32 AM (The Dungeon Master's Journal of the Unquiet Lands)
    Press Release: http://tekumelfoundation.org/PressRe...-1929-2012.pdf

Professor Muhammad Abd-al-Rahman Barker created the world of Tekumel, also known as The Empire of the Petal Throne. I was saddened to find out that he died at his home on Friday.

Tekumel remains one of the most unique settings for rpgs yet devised. First published in 1974, it also is one of the earliest. Its Meso-American, Indian, and Middle Eastern influences stand in contrast to the overwhelming ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. FF HERO: reinstatement

It has been a long while since I have posted anything.

Mainly, haven't had much to say.

However, now I have me a new party for my FF HERO campaign, so I thought I'd post summaries of that game.

Now we started from the beginning rather than from where I last left off. So it is interesting to see how they approach the adventure.

Instead of posting EVERYTHING that has happened, I will just introduce our new characters.

5. Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth.....Introductio n

by , 03-08-2012 at 11:58 AM (cplmac's campaign logs & blogs)
    (as taken from the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth game module by Gary Gygax. I have added the chest with items donated by the March of Bissel as well as the wagon and two horses and the barrels with two weeks feed for the horses.)

Your party has been gathered by agents of the Margrave of the March of Bissel. He tells you that there are "political considerations," which he does not explain, that prevent him from searching for Iggwilv's trove himself. However, it is vital ...

Updated 03-08-2012 at 12:07 PM by cplmac

Categories
    Lost Cavrens of Tsojcanth II , Campaign Logs