Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Playing it military style

To all GMS and Players out there (and please put your perspective), do you give (get) bonuses for doing a thorough reconnaissance and adequate planning and practice (Think Oceans 11, their practice runÖ) If so, what do you do? Lower the difficulty? Amount of hits needed?

Having said that, I do mean recon and planning like the true military do. As a player, Iíve taken several GMs by surprise by trying to play it by using recon and strategy which I donít get because I really enjoy ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	epicbard.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	3681   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lawful evil.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	3680  
  2. D&D next playtest feedback: rogue class/skill system

so I forgot to really comment on my opinions regarding the skill system, so will do that in addition to assessing the rogue/halfling as a whole.

Again, I like the racial bonuses do damage dice on certain weapons. Especially for dagger, cause normally it is worthless as a weapon.

Regarding skills and background, I said I like them, but I really like the freeformness of skills. Using what makes sense as a check and have the player roll. The background (and class in this ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. D&D next playtest feedback: classes as a whole, fighter in specifics

I am going to do my best and stay objective. It is nice to see the thingy from mike mearls regarding intention. I think it helps to provide constructive feedback. By knowing his motivations, I can properly assess his implementation.

Let's walk through the fighter (in the context of all the classes) section by section.

Regarding AC and HP, these are obviously relative. Without yet playing, I cannot assess if the target was hit, but one must keep in mind the balancing ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 5e playtest: 45 min glance 1st impressions (3.x hardliners have finally won the flame war)

I'll put that into more context as I go on, but this is the first of my feedback/impressions/etc... regarding the playtest released by WOTC for 5th edition.

A bit of foreshadowing, at first glance, it seems as though the game has gone back to a more 3.x mentality/mechanic rather than progressing forward to something new and innovative. To me, that is why have a new edition, and why adopt one. Sooo... let's go back in history.

I grew up on 1st edition AD&D. loved ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. D&D character in HERO: binding soulborn tempest

Name: Groger Race: shifter
    Total Cost: 175 pts (50 pts of complications)

STR: 20 (10) SPD: 3 (10)
    CON: 14 (4)
    DEX: 13 (6) OCV: 6 (15)
    INT: 10 (0) DCV: 4 (5) [+1]
    EGO: 14 (4)
    PRE: 10 (0)

PD[rPD]: 4 (2) [+8] ED[rED]:: 4 (2) [+2]
    REC: 10 (7) END: 60 (8)
    STUN: 38 (9) BODY: 14 (4)

Movement modes: 12 m run, 4 m leap, 4 m swim
    Characteristic costs: 86

Skills (33): ...