Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Complete Origins of Player Characters

I was right - a complete copy only existed in my handwritten notes, so I had to transcribe it to digital for you all. It was kind of a test to see how long I can type up one of my note pages- and it took me about 1 and 1/2 hours this morning. I don't remember when I wrote this up- it could well be over twenty years ago. So here goes:

The Origins of Player Characters:

PCs can show up at the most inopportune times- the problem sometimes is integration ...
  2. The Gick

Well, first it was my oldest son, Jason, who came down with the "gick" first--or in the technical terms of our pediatrician, "the crud." He's been down and out with it for over a week now. Then our newborn, Chris, started coughing and sneezing. Luckily, he seems to be resisting it pretty well as opposed to me. It started on Saturday as an itch in the back of the throat and by Sunday it was on in full. Only my wife has yet to succumb. And we all pray that she won't -- who ...
  3. Waltz with Bashir

I wanted to see this movie because of the interesting animation style more than anything. I didn't really know what it was going to be about, just some vague notions about the Isreali conflicts. The whole thing is subbed. I gotta tell you, though ... it was a hell of a downer.

It's one of those movies that's meant to teach something to the audience. The message that comes through is that no one is on the right side, we are all capable of attrocities. Even and especially the people ...

Updated 02-23-2009 at 11:59 AM by GoddessGood

Reviews , Reviews
  4. Life Events

When I signed up for health insurance from my company (hooray for my first real job!) they said I should choose wisely because my selections would be locked in for a year except in case of certain "life events". Well, Iz had some good ones

Fer instance, I moved from McKinney to Richardson. Huzzah! I am now about 20 miles closer to the rest of Dallas. All the players in my exalted game have had their commute times roughly cut in half ... though we haven't been able to meet ...

Updated 02-23-2009 at 12:00 PM by GoddessGood

5. The Crimson Guard: The Lost Hunt

I adapted this Ledgend and Lairs Instant Adventure (I won't go into the details) for my campaign along with the Elf Village source book. I then placed this as the elf village in The Valley of the Obilesks where Shul Shennek. Luna had been invited previously by the elves to attend the Festival of Autumn lights.

After re-roleplaying the last events with the Govenor, Kriv's resignation, and Darston Isle giving them access to his villa, I had them begin the adventure. Colby and Emerlin ...

Updated 01-27-2009 at 11:11 PM by wizarddog (Spelling)

Campaign Logs