Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Dark City: The Emerald Enigma Part 8

Well, as promised we returned to 3.5 and I must say it was good session. Because the lasts sessions cannot advoid the outcome of what happens for the new campaign, I promised the group that the actions they perform in the last few adventures will allow them to alter the events of the new campaign. In this case, if they manage to kill certain individuals it would effect who those individuals become and what impact they have in twenty years.

The thieves, locked in the Illiard ...

Updated 03-11-2009 at 10:57 PM by wizarddog

Categories
    Campaign Logs
  2. The Drop Test

Back in the olden days, when I was in the Army, we had this method of attempting to fix electronic equipment called the drop test. It involved unplugging the device, holding it about chest high and then dropping it on the ground. After that you plugged it back in and checked to see if it worked. I know, sounds really stupid right, but occasionally it did work. I don't know if something would get knocked back into place or if it was merely that the connections needed tightened up. If this failed, ...

Updated 03-09-2009 at 04:58 PM by kirksmithicus

Categories
    4e Comments and Alternate Rules
  3. Scarred Lands: Harbor City Murders

March 7, 2009
    Safaria Darbinian – Female Human Paladin of Corean
    Halder Dernum – Male Half-Orc Cleric of Madriel
    Rutgar Schotals– Male Dwarf Wizard
    Karel Cauthon – Male Human Wizard (Necromancer)
    Pheonix Dextros – Male Human Rogue
    Lavidia Nivar – Female Half-Elf Cleric of Drendari

Third Corday of Madrot, 150 AV:

Retinues from Hollowfaust and Burok Torn arrive at the temple of Corean in the Holy City of Mithril. Their purpose here is ...

Updated 07-14-2009 at 06:47 PM by RMajere (Dear God the Typo Demons!!!)

Categories
    Campaign Logs
  4. English for RPGs – Part 06

I’ll start with another pair where I make a distinction, but some dictionaries do not. Phlegmatic is a characteristic of somebody’s attitude. They are “matter of fact” or imperturbable or stoic. If I were to describe an unsettling wet noise made when somebody was speaking, I would characterize it as phlegmy.

APPROBATION/REPROBATION

approbation (n) approval
    reprobation (n) disapproval

I saw a disparaging epithet described as an “approbation,” so this ...

Updated 12-18-2009 at 08:00 PM by TAROT (Adding examples)

Categories
    Language
  5. Ruffled Fur

Not to Long ago I managed to get a few of my players to host a game for me since I haven’t played in awhile. We did A Stormy Knight, So I wrote up a lvl one wizard (I'm a sucker for magic) and my team mate made a Monk, for my familiar I picked a cat which I named Sasha after a cat I used to own as a pet. Now We all know the joke wizards usually forget about there familiar’s but I made it a point to show my players how an experienced wizard uses a familiar. During the game when we where attacked ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized