Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 4e Exploits #1

Today I was at the CDU clinic with my son while he received an iron infusion. So I had some time to kill while he was napping. Sure I could have done something productive, but instead I choose to create some custom home-brew exploit powers for 4e. My primary motivation was to create some exploits for the Heavy Thrown weapons class which, to my knowledge, has zero exploits in the PHB and only a handful in the MP book. I have typed up the At-Will exploits and one Rogue Utility Exploit for now. I have ...

Updated 03-19-2009 at 12:16 AM by kirksmithicus

Categories
    4e Comments and Alternate Rules
  2. Encounter A6: Drake Vale

Encounter Level 2 (650 XP)

SETUP
    4 Needlefang Drake Swarms
    6 Spiretop Drake Minions

The characters come to the end of a long, narrow and winding passage way. They now stand in full daylight at the edge of a small Vale. Before them in the Vale are the ruins of a long vanished civilization. The rubble of which now chocks the streets of what was once a small, but magnificent city. In the center of the city, built on an outcropping of rock, are the remains of a ...
    Categories
    Encounters
  3. A Mass 'o Kill'n

This week started out with a good 'ol fashioned dragon attack. The players first scouted ahead when they heard a great roar. As stealthy as their ranger was it wasn't quite enough to surpass the keen senses of a dragon, even one the size of a draft horse. The thing moved with an amazing grace as it flew overhead, biting the players then moving on. At first it seemed the dragon was in cahoots with some gnolls, as they joined the fight with the dragon shortly after it attacked. But at the end of the ...

Updated 03-11-2009 at 11:33 PM by Zaistars

Categories
    Campaign Logs
  4. cast

So in the couple of minutes I have till my mentee comes around for another round of information vomiting, I thought I'd say who was part of little campaign.

There were three brothers (real life not in the game). A monk, an elvish fighter, and a human wizard. The monk only played the first session, the elvish fighter stopped playing the moment I came in, and the wizard played every session but one.

There was the wrestling star who was a paladin with crappy dex ...

Updated 04-21-2009 at 08:04 PM by yukonhorror

Categories
    1e reminiscing
  5. why not

never kept a blog before, but this forum gets me all nostalgic. Some stories I have posted on the forums, but thought I could post some stories of my favorite gaming group when I was really into the game (and had the time to be) of 1e AD&D.

First, I remember I had to practically beg my friends to allow me to join (never thought you'd hear a high schooler have to beg to fit into a nerd group). At the time, I was an avid fan of final fantasy, and Might and Magic II: book of something ...

Updated 04-21-2009 at 08:03 PM by yukonhorror

Categories
    1e reminiscing