Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. English for RPGs – Part 06

I’ll start with another pair where I make a distinction, but some dictionaries do not. Phlegmatic is a characteristic of somebody’s attitude. They are “matter of fact” or imperturbable or stoic. If I were to describe an unsettling wet noise made when somebody was speaking, I would characterize it as phlegmy.

APPROBATION/REPROBATION

approbation (n) approval
    reprobation (n) disapproval

I saw a disparaging epithet described as an “approbation,” so this ...

Updated 12-18-2009 at 08:00 PM by TAROT (Adding examples)

Categories
    Language
  2. Ruffled Fur

Not to Long ago I managed to get a few of my players to host a game for me since I haven’t played in awhile. We did A Stormy Knight, So I wrote up a lvl one wizard (I'm a sucker for magic) and my team mate made a Monk, for my familiar I picked a cat which I named Sasha after a cat I used to own as a pet. Now We all know the joke wizards usually forget about there familiar’s but I made it a point to show my players how an experienced wizard uses a familiar. During the game when we where attacked ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Losing Control

Here is a short story that has been sitting on my hard drive for a long time collecting "digital dust." I thought I might share it with you all. The story is loosely based on one of my characters from the best campaign I have ever played in. I hope you enjoy it, and feedback is welcome.

Losing Control
    By
    Robert A. Howard

Ylin felt himself suddenly falling. Around him, a swirling maelstrom of blackness mixed with deep shades ...
  4. New supplement

I now have the Manual of the Planes so i anyone wishes to plan to use one of the paragon classes in that book they may.
    Not say'n we're traveling the planes or anything....just saying....its available.
    Categories
    Gaming News
  5. Kicking some Ass.

It has come to my attention that there is some question as to why the minions of Asmodius are attempting to access the material plane through the shadowfell. Well I say this. We are talking about a god of all things devilish. A group of entities who are known for their conniving, fell contracts which tend to glean more benefit for the devil then the poor soul who signed it. Is it too farfetched to think that one of Asmodius' lackeys has found a way to utilize the shadowfell? I think not.

Updated 03-05-2009 at 12:18 AM by Zaistars

Categories
    Campaign Logs