Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. For King and Country: Character Background

The following is background information on my character Milburn Latimer Harcourt III. An obnoxious Cormyran noble out adventuring for fun and profit. If you have been reading the Journal of said character you might not want to read his background, as it will spoil some surprises that will come up later in the campaign.

All is not as it seems. Some of the entries in the journal are outright lies and coded messages that only Milburn knows the true meaning of. For instance, Milburn

Updated 03-19-2009 at 11:47 PM by kirksmithicus

Categories
    Campaign Logs
  2. then there were four

While I wait for my code to finish...

So I introduced our party members last time. On the second night (and a lot of nights thereafter), there were four of us: human magic-user, human cleric, gnome illusionist thief, and me (elf fighter).

We were sort of scatterbrained (and it probably pissed off our DM), because we had SOO many things to do (clear out the kobold cave, find the decaying hand [probably hand of vecna], and other ones that I don't even know about because ...
    Categories
    1e reminiscing
  3. Hope You Like Zombie Apoc. Stories

I'm not entirely sure what a blog is for, but since I probably won't use mine for anything I would call "important" I'll just write a story about stuff I think is interesting and if people tell me I did good I'll write more. I don't know if theres a section for this or not yet, but I'll try to post it somewhere appropriate. The story is about a survivor who survived terrifying ordeals and is trying to write them out in a journal/diary kind of writing hoping that if he doesn't make it someday ...

Updated 07-16-2009 at 07:28 PM by Soft Serve

Categories
    Zombie Stories
  4. 4e Alternate healing surges play test

Well this coming Thursday will be the next game day for my 4e game that I am currently playing in. So I'm going to try to keep double books on HP and try out a new system for S&G.

I know that one of the main dislikes of 4e has to do with the healing surges. In a thread some months back I suggested using a an alternate to healing surges. A scheme that converts those healing surges into six hit locations. All characters have a minimum of six healing surges, and each surge is worth ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hit Locations.png 
Views:	138 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	2386  
  5. From hells heart I stab at thee

The beginning of my Caves of Chaos Redux for 4e D&D. I will of course add to and refine this section as work progresses. Hopefully I should have most of it done by the end of summer.

Area

Hells Heart is a high alpine valley surrounded on all sides by impassable cliffs. This lush, well watered valley is several miles across and contains a small fresh water lake. The lake drains out of the valley through Hells Gap, a steep narrow gorge that ends in a high waterfall. ...
    Categories
    Encounters