Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Bell

Gordan walked down three steps into the hallway. Its grandeur stirred his heart yet again. As far as his eyes could see, the hall snaked in either direction, to his left and right, and possessed an arched ceiling. From a quick inspection, he noticed the walls consisted of rammed earth. But its architect had used different clay compositions, varying in texture and color, for great visual effects. This he had not witnessed in any other burrow of his life. Gordan now examined the wall closely. ...
    Categories
    Chapter 2
  2. Encounter A7: The Common Room

Encounter Level 1 (650 XP)

SETUP
    2 Kobold Dragonshields
    4 Kobold Skirmishers
    20 Kobold Minions (non combatants)

Prior to this encounter the characters will find that there are two entrances that appear to lead up to the palace area overlooking the ruined city. They will find that one of the passages becomes chocked full of rockfall debris shortly after entering. The second tunnel leads a short way then turns and leads to a flight of stairs. These stairs ...
    Categories
    Encounters
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Common Area.png 
Views:	154 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	2389  
  3. 4e vs. 3.xe argument

This is starting to really irritate the crap out of me. I was reading someone's blog (sorry if I can't remember your name) who was asking what is up with DnD vs. DnD.

This rant is not an argument for 4e or against 3.x DnD. This is a rant on peoples argument for 3.x. As a PhD candidate, we are trained to hold our arguments, and provide logic for our viewpoints. So serious mistakes in logic and weak arguments really piss me off.

I may be misinformed, and will ...

Updated 04-21-2009 at 08:03 PM by yukonhorror

Categories
    my argument for 4e
  4. 4e Exploits #6

Alpha Male [Heavy Thrown Weapon Attack ?]
    You, and you alone are the master of the master of ranged
    attacks on this battlefield. Anyone who dares challenge that
    fact will not likely live to regret it.
    Daily <> Martial, Ranged
    Standard Action ---- Heavy Thrown
    Target:
    One creature
    Attack: Strength vs. AC
    Hit: 3 [W] + Strength modifier damage and may make a
    secondary attack against the target.
    Miss: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage, ...
  5. A light and a kangaroo: After Action Report, 3-21-08

We have a new member of the group, Ben is up from Alabama and finds us agreeable. I look forward to seeing more of him.

The adventure for the night started in the Townhouse kitchen. Now this kitchen is a modern addition to the ancient hearth and hard work model that is under it. In the process of installing this kitchen, literally bolted on top of the old one the cellar stairs got blocked. The Scowler had no use for the basement. Unlike the upper floors he didn't bother ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized