Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Using 1e Modules for 4e: Treasure

Back in the 1e days, treasure was important. The amount of treasure you hauled off gave you XP. And you needed it. A magic user needed 2500 Xp just to get to level 2 so he could get one more spell . You were not going to earn that XP by killing kobolds all day with a stick. In addition, there were training cost and you were really allowed only to advance one level per adventure, having any XP left over putting you 1 away from the next level!

Not that every group followed these instructions, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Using 1e Modules for 4e: On the Fly Powers

Making Power on the Fly
    I talked about the 1e to 4e conversion in the previous post and noted the lack of power in the monsters besides their basic attacks. One of the aspects of 4e is the ability of DM's to create with monsters abilities they think would be a great challenges or story elements. I personally follow a more story aspect in DMing, as I am not a great strategist. So here are some on-the fly abilities I can apply to my monsters that require no real extra designing *i.e I am not ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Using 1e Modules for 4e: Quick and Dirty Conversion

I was greatly influenced by the 1 page free game Searchers of the Unknown which premise was to create and play characters the same as monster stats for the purpose of playing 1e modules. I was nostalgic in the old days when a monster stat was two or three lines rather than a mountain of information, and in 4e, a table of information that took up space.

Using AD&D stat blocks for 4e monsters
    The point of this exercise is to allow a DM to use a 1e module to play a 4e game ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Guyenne World Summary

by , 08-01-2012 at 08:28 PM (The Dungeon Master's Journal of the Unquiet Lands)
    Not strictly part of the Unquiet Lands, this is a world summary provided for the "classic" Traveller campaign that I run every few weeks in the Pen and Paper Games chat room. The game takes place in the Sabine subsector of the Third Imperium, circa 1102. Both the subsector map and the historical time frame have been altered from the official material in places.

System Overview (Guyenne/Sabine 0204-XXX-W-G)
    Guyenne is the first planet of Cognac, a rather dim, main sequence ...

Updated 08-12-2012 at 05:30 AM by Umiushi

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Tsojcanth II update

by , 07-25-2012 at 08:15 AM (cplmac's campaign logs & blogs)
    At this time there are 5 people signed up to play in the new (second) running of the "Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" campaign. Hopefully between now and Aug. 25th, we will get the other 3 seats filled and be able to start this on that day. Anyone interested can send me a PM or post on the campaign thread in the Find or Advertise a Game section of the Forums. Again, this will take a very long time to complete, so be prepared for a game that won't be done in just a handfull of gaming sessions. ...